Who you are
You live and breath organic search. You've conducted thorough technical site audits on massive domains with millions of pages, you speak Engineer but write meta-tags like Don Draper. You've spent years of your life pouring over Screaming Frog crawls, web log files, backlink profiles, and source code.
You're an SEO evangelist; adept at communicating wonky metrics like TrustFlow, indexation rate, crawl budget, and XML sitemap structure to high level executives. You're an avid follower of Rand Fishkin, Danny Sullivan, and Dr. Pete but you're still pretty skeptical of them. And we think it goes without saying but you rarely trust Google's propaganda machine.
- 5+ years of experience on running SEO on an in-house marketing team or building and executing SEO strategies for clients.
- A keen understanding of search intent and consumer search behavior.
- Proven ability to craft winning keyword strategies, content calendars, product specs, wireframes, taxonomies, and information architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to grow revenue significantly year over year in organic search.
- Power user level experience with Google Adwords, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Moz, Screaming Frog, Majestic, Botify, semRUSH, AHREFs, Google Analytics, and other SEO tools. SQL skills a plus.
- Deep industry knowledge about everything from SERP features to Algorithm Updates.
What you'll do here
This is an advanced SEO position. If you want to do cutting edge work in SEO, sit on a team that gets it, and make a size-able impact on a fast growing company -- you should work here.
You'll work with an incredibly SEO savvy team of marketers who know what it takes to succeed in SEO and who have built a successful and growing Search First content strategy. You'll report to the Head of Content Marketing and perform tactical SEO projects like rich snippet optimizations, striking distance audits, crawl efficiency improvements, competitive analysis, technical audits, and backlink analysis to support our effort to grow the SEO channel for HomeLight and our partners.
You'll work closely with our Outreach, Editorial, Product, Business Development, and Engineering teams to conceptualize, design, and implement new pages, products, and link building playbooks.
Bottom line: you'll help us take SEO to the next level.
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!