We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm and marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us and build the nation's largest and most trusted platform for selling real estate!
What You’ll Do Here:
- Lead the Consumer Engineering team with direct management responsibility.
- Establish an appropriate balance of coaching, mentorship, technical oversight, code reviews, and timely, direct feedback for you team.
- Work with product and engineering leadership to create a combined technical and product roadmap for your team
- Lead the innovative approach to creating new products, while improving upon our core products.
- Build new web applications and add features and functionality to our core applications that go directly into the hands of users home buyers, sellers, and agents around the nation.
- You will report directly to senior engineering leadership and work closely with the product management team
- Be a technical advocate for the consumer experience on our platform
- 1+ years in a software leadership role
- Seasoned skills managing a diverse engineering team with various skill levels and expertise
- Seasoned skills at balancing feature development, tech debt clean up, developer happiness and business requirements
- Can clearly analyze and communicate major technical trade-offs and decisions
- A history of shipping successful products
- Full Stack professional, product-engineering experience.
- Familiarity with web analytics, A/B testing, and agile development methods.
- Embody our values of Product-mindedness, commitment, collaboration, pragmatics, creativity, and humility
Bonus points for:
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience managing a team within a startup.
- Experience working with external engineerings to help augment as needed.
- Experience with real estate data.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem and Heroku platform.
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.