We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm and marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us and build the nation's largest and most trusted platform for selling real estate!
Content Marketing - Editor at HomeLight
HomeLight is looking for a motivated, creative, and proven Editor to join our growing Content Team.
The Editor will work directly with the Managing Editor to scale production of our fast-expanding online Seller’s Resource Center, where we publish hundreds of in-depth articles for tackling every step of the home sale from pre-list to close, and take on additional editorial projects as needed.
Editor candidates in the Des Moines, IA, area are preferred as we look to build out a remote satellite office.
Who You Are
You’re a hard-nosed proofreader, grammar aficionado, and veteran publisher. The copy that leaves your desk is always squeaky clean. Your boss has trusted you to be the last eyes on content that goes out the door for a site with an established audience.
You can get down in the dirt with the copywriters, write exquisite and stylish prose for all kinds of media, brainstorm story ideas with the best of them, and manage a team of talented writers to bring your editorial vision to life.
You love the process of ideation, creation, and publication and you’re excited to work somewhere where you can make a significant impact.
You’ve got more chops than the average home decor enthusiast or HGTV binge watcher. Your portfolio contains writing, reporting, or editing samples on topics like mortgages, interior design, the homebuying or selling process, homeownership, or the housing market.
- Source, vet, build out, and manage a stable of 15-20 freelance contract writers.
- Assist in coaching team of full-time, in-house Content Creators on their written work.
- Develop and execute on 30-40 data-driven feature length blog posts per month from ideation to publication.
- Dole out assignments and track production deadlines.
- Edit and provide detailed feedback on every article and whip posts into publication shape to meet timely production goals.
- Help put together and manage HomeLight’s content calendar.
- Craft and safeguard our brand voice.
- Bring big ideas to the table for unique, out-of-the-box story ideas and content team projects.
- 2-3 years experience managing a team of writers.
- Familiarity with the real estate space highly preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines under pressure.
- Proven ability to scale a content program and meet ambitious traffic or acquisition goals at a reputable online publication.
- Proficiency in SEO, social media marketing, WordPress, basic HTML.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise in digital media.
- A keen ability for story development. You know how to work a premise and craft a hook.
- Problem-solving and critical thinking abilities with an analytical and process-oriented mind set.
- Tenacious research and interview skills and can teach people things you just learned yourself.
- Unmatched grammar and a hatred for the passive voice.
- Your work will matter. You will be critically important to your team’s and company’s success.
- Competitive equity, benefits (401k, health/vision/dental, PTO, etc.), and comp package.
- Build disruptive technology that will transform a trillion dollar industry and forever change the way people make one of the most significant financial and emotional decisions of their lives.
- Work on a small team that gets the job done, but also likes to have fun.
- A sane work/life balance. “Work hard, ski hard."
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!