Home Instead, Inc. is Changing the Face of Aging®. As a subsidiary of Honor Technology, we are part of the first "Unicorn" tech company (pre-IPO, valued at over $1 billion) dedicated to creating a platform for delivering care to Seniors. Home Instead puts people and mission first, and you’ll be an integral part of our innovative solutions!
WHO ARE WE AND WHAT DO WE DO?
At the Global Headquarters, we lead a worldwide network of independently owned and operated franchises. We partner with amazing franchise owners who lead and inspire teams of key players and Care Pros who provide personalized care, support and education to enhance the lives of aging adults and their families. These franchise offices provide millions of hours of care annually and employ thousands of Care Pros, whose work enables seniors to live safely and comfortably in their own homes for as long as possible. The Home Instead® network partners with clients and their family members to meet various individual needs. We provide services and offer resources that span the care continuum – from personal care and specialized Alzheimer’s care to hospice support and free family caregiver education resources. Home Instead is globally changing the face of aging.
We are looking for a Director of People, HR Business Partner who will provide strategic guidance on people and organization development strategies in support of Honor’s goals. This role functions as part of the HRBP team, reporting to the Snr. Director of People, specifically supporting the Home Instead team of ~200 employees in Omaha. You’ll be balancing strategic partnership with your organization’s leaders, advocating for employees and their development, and contributing to company-wide initiatives in performance, talent, and engagement.
Please note that this position works with our talented Home Instead team and is located in our Omaha, Nebraska office location. We encourage you to apply if you are in this area, or open to relocating to this area!
- Serve as a key member of the Home Instead Leadership Teams, setting and driving the people strategy
- Develop strong, trusted partnerships and candid coaching relationships with executive, VPs, and Directors across the client group
- Partner with leaders and HRBP team to continually improve and innovate our people processes and programs
- Partner closely with the HRBP team to deliver best in class support of tactical and strategic HR programs related to employee engagement, performance management, and organizational effectiveness
- Partner closely with managers and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Be a cultural champion, both as a role model and in leading cross-company initiatives to help us scale and strengthen our culture as we grow
- Mediate and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Own high-stakes employee relation issues, partnering with our Legal Team to manage risk to ensure compliance
- Provide HR guidance and support to business unit leaders, line managers, and employees
- Support leadership with talent management initiatives, including developing programs and/or tools to support talent management
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations, provide recommended follow up actions, and execute on any needed actions, as necessary
- Research and develop policies, guidelines and programs in order to proactively support employees and managers while also balancing the needs of the business
- Propose and manage special projects, initiatives or programs that drive business results or positively impact the employee experience
- Identify possible learning and development opportunities and partner with L&D to share observations and ideas
- Be a champion for Honor’s mission and our culture, both as a role model and in cross-company initiatives to help us scale and strengthen our culture as we grow
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
This role may be a great fit if you’re a high touch business partner and people manager, a change agent who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and a trusted advisor who has strong relationship-building skills combined with effective listening and communication skills.
- Able to fly at 30,000 feet in shaping global people strategies toward Honor multi-year priorities and dive down to ‘sea level’ in coaching your team to execute
- Emotionally intelligent and able to build strong trust with leaders and employees of diverse backgrounds and situations at all levels
- A consummate coach who gets personal fulfillment by succeeding through others and developing leaders, and have successfully managed managers before
- Motivated by challenges and bring a positive tone, an eye for solutions and an energy for rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever needs to be done
- Always questioning the status quo, as you look for opportunities to innovate and break convention where you think better results can be achieved
- Naturally combining judgment and intuition and a constant curiosity for more data and evidence in order to draw the best conclusions and shape the best path forward
- At your best leading others through ambiguity and constant change, nimble and responsive in the short-term with driving progress on longer-term foundational initiatives
- An exceptional communicator in both written and verbal interactions; clear, concise, and courageous in giving tough but supportive feedback when needed
- Respected just as much for your business judgment as for your HR expertise
To succeed in the role, you’ll need:
- 10+ years of HR Business Partner and leadership experience
- 3+ years experience successfully coaching leaders up to the VP or Executive levels
- Demonstrated functional competence across areas of HR, including organizational design, talent and performance development, employee relations, change management, and strategic workforce planning
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy to resolve sensitive issues
- Ability to design and execute programs that meet the needs of the organization
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise, where appropriate, to assist managers and employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Proven ability to influence various levels of leadership without direct authority, in both an in person and virtual environment
- Strong judgement and analytical skills necessary to investigate complaints, advise on performance management, identify problems, and recommend solutions
- Excellent internal consulting skills and ability to build partnerships at all levels within the organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Honor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, political affiliation or belief.