Homebound is on a mission to make it possible for anyone, anywhere, to build a home using technology. Created by an experienced team of construction, real estate, design, and technology experts, Homebound is transforming the residential construction industry by improving the costly and inefficient process of building a home.
We’ve created an entirely new way to build homes with technology powering every stage from start to finish to provide a seamless experience for our customers. Homeowners across the country can choose where they want to live, select a home plan that’s perfect for them, then personalize and buy it, all online. Homebound has raised $150M in capital from leading venture capitalists like Google, Khosla, Thrive Ventures, and we’re scaling quickly in places like California, Austin, Dallas, Houston and Denver. Come build your future with us.
We are looking for a talented Director of Construction Operations (DCO) to manage local construction operations in Southwest Florida. We are launching our operations to support the rebuilding efforts after Hurricane Ian and then expanding our local presence to include our infill spec building product. The Director of Construction Operations is responsible for delivering all market construction projects in accordance with the Homebound Operating Model, on budget and on time, while ensuring compliance with plans, specifications, and relevant building codes. The DCO also leads the market safety program and is responsible for onboarding and training of all construction team members.
As with everything at Homebound, you’re not alone! You will work with our central Construction and Technology teams to develop and improve the repeatable processes that our technology enables. You will have a team of pre-construction and procurement professionals to help make sure your projects are prepared for success and will build efficiently.
As the Director of Construction Operations, you will be part of a close-knit group of operations leaders across the country who share best practices and experience on a daily basis. Your team of Construction Project Managers will oversee the construction of our homes. Together, you will work with a fully-vetted team of consultants, trade partners, and suppliers while having the backing of a venture-capital-funded team that has the horsepower to deliver on its promises.
What You'll Do:
- Assume responsibility for all project delivery metrics. The buck stops with you regarding Homebound’s homes. Delivering safely, with quality, on-time, and on-budget belongs to you.
- Remove roadblocks for your Construction Project Managers and Coordinators while finding opportunities to accelerate projects where possible while still maintaining quality.
- Partner with our central construction team to help envision and create an industry-leading construction operations model.
- Oversee the performance of Homebound consultants, trade partners, and suppliers. Recruit the best-of-the-best in every construction trade to our network, help vet their work, then pair them with the projects they will be successful on.
- Build your team to support the capacity plan that you manage.
- Seek resources you need to build the way the residential construction industry should build - not the way it’s always been done.
- Support recruiting efforts for project managers, superintendents, purchasing managers and purchasing agents.
- Interface with clients who lost their homes in Hurricane Ian.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years experience managing construction projects.
- Residential construction experience required.
- Combination of custom + production home building experience ideal.
- You must have experience leading and managing a team engaged in multiple construction projects at once.
- Strong leadership skills, plus experience recruiting, onboarding and managing a team.
- Exceptional operational skills: You have demonstrated a track record of keeping complex projects running efficiently, while enabling teams to hit milestone goals.
- You are well-connected in your local market, with a network of local consultants, architects, engineers, and trade partners. You have the proclivity towards networking and making connections with other professionals.
- Experience working with the local permitting department, with knowledge of process and strategies to accelerate permitting or pivot away from roadblocks.
- Experience and enthusiasm for using technology (project management software, VR, etc.) in the building process.
Who You Are:
- An experienced construction professional interested in taking your skills to the next-level with a company that’s on-the-move.
- A forward thinker with the desire to innovate and improve the way that homes are built.
- Someone with a bias-towards-action who is tenacious, scrappy and willing to do whatever it takes to meet aggressive timelines while delivering great homes.
- A continuous optimizer - always looking for ways to make things better, faster, more efficient, especially with technology.
- Flexible, and excited to solve problems and execute on a plan.
- A person who excels in a startup environment - which means staying organized, taking initiative, and being willing to jump in and help wherever it’s needed.
- You are a licensed contractor in the State of Florida.