Homebound’s mission is to make it possible for anyone, anywhere to build the perfect home using technology. We are currently delivering on this promise as the first truly tech-powered homebuilding company of its kind, starting in communities that need homes the most. This includes regions impacted by natural disasters, as well as those experiencing massive housing shortages such as Austin, Dallas, Houston, Denver and Los Angeles.
With technology behind every step of the process, Homebound delivers unprecedented homeowner experiences, plus a more efficient build process. Our tech enables us to transform the single family home construction market, and build or rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping hundreds of homeowners build their perfect home, and with over $70M in capital raised from Thrive, Fifth Wall, Google Ventures, Khosla and more, we are expanding faster than ever to help thousands more.
We are looking for a Capital Markets and M&A leader to join the Finance team. You will play a central role in crafting and executing our capital markets and M&A strategy at Homebound, ensuring we structure and raise hundreds of millions (and over time billions) of dollars of capital which allow Homebound to pursue its vision and meet its financial goals. This capital will be used to finance lot acquisitions and construction of homes for sale to customers, acquisitions of local builders, and other important strategic initiatives. Over time, we would like to scale our programs, diversify our capital sources (initial fund raised from Magnetar and Goldman Sachs), lower our cost of capital, and increase the buy box and operational flexibility of our financing facilities. This role will also partner with our CEO, CFO and COO to craft and implement our M&A strategy, which is focused on strategic acquisitions of mid-size local builders, including the identification and diligence of local targets. You will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will work closely with functional leaders across the organization.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the CFO, CEO, and other exec team leaders to define the capital markets strategy for the company
- Market, structure, and raise hundreds of millions of capital to scale our strategy to acquire lots and build homes for sale to customers (including flexibility for in-fill lots, suburban lots, and lots in production builder communities)
- Build target list of institutional investors, create financing programs to best match their and our needs, structure terms, and close those facilities as needed to meet our needs
- Identify opportunities to scale, lower our cost of capital, and build more buy box and operational flexibility in our financing facilities over time (including active research and knowledge of what is happening elsewhere in the industry)
- Leverage personal network of institutional investor relationships to execute on Homebound’s capital markets strategy
- Help craft and execute our M&A strategy for acquisitions of local builders, including identification and diligence of local targets as well as raising the financing to close those deals
- Over time, help build Homebound’s strategy in add-on financial products for customers, such as mortgage, insurance, warranty, and other financial services offerings
Who You Are:
- 10-15+ years of work experience, with strong preference for private equity, investment banking, or other institutional investor experience
- Relentless and experienced executor who is up for the challenge of scaling capital markets in line with Homebound’s significant growth targets
- Creative financing expertise - someone is very familiar with the requirements of institutional investment firms and how they can intersect with the needs of a tech-enabled high-growth start-up
- Strong personal drive and ability to navigate ambiguity, operate effectively in a hyper-growth start-up environment
- A strategist who loves tackling problems and has lots of experience framing a problem and the path to solution
- A cross-functional leader and collaborator, with ability to maintain openness to different opinions and build alignment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and presentation skills; ability to distill complex ideas to be easily understood
- You don’t just execute - you push to deeply understand goals, challenge thinking, and deliver a high standard of quality and impact in your work
- Passion for capital markets and creative financing to drive enterprise value