Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
- Work with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and analysts to turn our product and engineering vision into a roadmap every quarter
- Build and maintain scalable data pipelines
- Design and maintain the data warehouse and data lake for optimal storage and retrieval
- Develop and maintain microservice-based APIs
- Mentor and guide junior engineers.
- Act as a thought partner to the platform engineering team and analytics team.
- Build self-serve tools for other engineers and analysts.
- Build tools for data observability, governance and quality monitoring.
- 4+ years of experience as a data engineer or a backend engineer.
- Experience with a distributed processing framework like Spark or Flink
- Experience developing APIs with a framework like Rails, Django, or Flask.
- Understanding of AWS Cloud Resources
- Knowledge of Git, Github, or other version control frameworks
- Experience using data tools and frameworks like Airflow and DBT
- Experience with SageMaker
- Experience with visualization tools like Looker / Tableau
- Experience with Databricks
- Experience with Kafka
- Exposure to online A/B testing is a plus
What We Offer You
- The opportunity to solve real-world problems for millions of local businesses and hourly employees
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote, hybrid, and in-office work options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.