Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
We’re currently hiring in all Homebase hubs: Atlanta, GA, Houston, TX, Austin, TX, Denver, CO, San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, and Toronto, CA
As one of our Senior Product Designers, you’ll work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to shape Homebase to become the go-to passport for our 100k+ small businesses and 1M+ hourly employees. You will be key in helping to develop the design culture and product vision at Homebase while contributing to the design of new product lines and supporting existing ones!
All of our designers care about core UI design fundamentals of typography, color and layout. We move quickly in our processes through developing user flows and wireframes that inform our vision. We believe deeply in the value of design systems to help us align and scale. We care innately about our users, so we sit in on interviews. We move fast, we balance UI and UX, and we evolve our practice, together.
We're a collaborative group, guided by a customer-centric, and iterative design process. You will work closely with and report directly to our Manager, Product Design. At this time, we are remote-first and only hire candidates in our hubs: Atlanta, Austin, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Toronto (Canada), to foster collaborative local teams. We’re constantly evolving our entire product suite across web and mobile and we build to inspire our users! If you’re passionate about solving problems and constantly strive to push your limits creatively, then we’d like to get to know you.
- Bring 5+ years of UI/UX-focused product design experience
- Have a strong visual design skill set that is evident in your portfolio
- Demonstrate an ability to head customer discovery & research efforts
- Can clearly articulate your design choices to cross-functional teams
- Prioritize working collaboratively with Product and Engineering teams to balance design excellence with user delivery
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification
- Love Figma like we do — it’s a huge plus because it’s our main tool!
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote work with hybrid option in SF, Houston, Denver, and Toronto
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.