Homebase is building the future of hourly work by offering the first vertically-integrated team management platform for small businesses. Our product ecosystem which includes Hiring, Time Management, Hourly Payroll, and employee Financial Services makes it painless to manage teams, eliminate paperwork, seamlessly run hourly payroll, and deliver innovative financial services promoting a more engaged workforce - just ask the 130K+ SMBs and 2M+ employees using our products today!
Homebase brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
We’re proud of our team and focus on our values!
Homebase was named Best in Business by Inc. Magazine in 2020, and Homebase Payroll was listed by FIT Small Business as the Best Payroll Software for Hourly Teams in 2022! For more updates, follow us on LinkedIn, and learn more on our careers site.
- In-service: We are here to make life better for local businesses, managers, and hourly workers. Everything we do is to serve them.
- No Day Wasted: Our mission is big, so we act with urgency in everything we do. We find creative ways to test ideas and learn today so that we focus on the right things tomorrow.
- Purple Standard: We don’t choose between doing it quickly and doing it right. We believe in craftsmanship and signing our names to work that we are proud of.
The Financial Services team crafts products and experiences to meet the specific needs of our ecosystem of hourly employees. We synthesize unique insights from our suite of SMB products (e.g. time clock, scheduling, payroll) to tailor exceptional financial products. Ultimately, our goal is to help employees steer better lives in addition to creating opportunities for our Homebase employers to have the upper hand in hiring and retaining a productive workforce.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will design and implement software solutions that enhance the value of the Homebase software platform to impact the lives of our customers. You will play a prominent technical role in our engineering practice.
- You’ll drive product engineering end-to-end for the web and API software components that make up our product platform.
- You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process.
- Your challenge will be to build a variety of web and mobile software applications and advance our existing software architecture
- You will have the opportunity to impact our software architecture by evaluating emerging and existing technologies
- You will work solo with little supervision and mentor junior software engineers
- 5+ years of Web or Mobile Software Engineering experience
- Expert understanding of object-oriented software design and design patterns, and how they apply to the frameworks listed above
- Expert understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent required
- Experience with any combination of the following software languages preferred: Ruby, Rails, Swift, React.js, Native Android, Amazon Web Services Knowledge of mobile development best practices, both for the mobile web, and native applications.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively.
- An eye for good design and the ability to implement ‘pixel perfect’ UI designs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Git, Github, and development using pull requests.
- Gets shit done - Moves quickly and with urgency to deliver results. Strong bias to action.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to work hard and put in the time to accomplish outsized goals.
- Learning mindset - Proactive in personal development. Highly curious and driven to learn.
- Sets a high bar - Expects personal and team performances to be world-class.
- Humble - Delivers exceptional results without an ego. Shares credit broadly.
- Team Player - Collaborative. Motivates and creates positive environments for colleagues and teams.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote work with hybrid option in multiple locations
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.