Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will design and implement software solutions that enhance the value of the Homebase software platform and impact the lives of our customers. You will play a prominent technical role in our engineering practice.
- You’ll drive product engineering end-to-end for the UI and backend mobile software components that make up our mobile product platform
- You will contribute to the evolution of our current engineering strategy and development process.
- Your challenge will be to build a variety of mobile software applications and advance our existing software architecture
- You will have the opportunity to impact our software architecture by evaluating emerging and existing technologies
- You will work on your own with little supervision and mentor junior software engineers
- 8+ years of Web or Mobile Software Engineering experience
- Experience with the following software languages preferred: iOS - Swift, Objective-C OR Android - Android-Java, Kotlin.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented software design and design patterns, and how they apply to the frameworks listed above
- Expert understanding of performant code and excellent EX.
- Testing framework experience - unit, feature, and integration.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering disciplines or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of mobile development best practices, both for the mobile web, and native applications.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively.
- An eye for good design and the ability to implement ‘pixel perfect’ UI designs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Git, Github, and development using pull requests.
- Gets shit done - Moves quickly and with urgency to deliver results. Strong bias to action.
- Strong work ethic - Willing to work hard and put in the time to accomplish outsized goals.
- Learning mindset - Proactive in personal development. Highly curious and driven to learn.
- Sets a high bar - Expects personal and team performances to be world-class.
- Humble - Delivers exceptional results without an ego. Shares credit broadly.
- Team Player - Collaborative. Motivates and creates positive environments for colleagues and teams.
What We Offer You
- Stock Options - everyone is an owner
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- 401(k) program +4% company match
- Remote work with hybrid option in multiple locations
- Top-of-the-line equipment and home office $$
- Annual Holidays and Accrued PTO
- A dynamic, well-connected, productive team
- Fun company activities
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Homebase is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.