The Angie’s List’s Site Operations team is responsible for developing and maintaining the infrastructure to support our product that helps homeowners find, hire, and seamlessly manage their home projects. This role will work on the Systems Operations team that focuses on developing, automating, and deploying the backend systems and applications that are critical for the operation of the site.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a Systems Engineer with DevOps experience to join a fast-growing Site Operations team passionate about technology. You will utilize your strong operations background and automation mentality to contribute to availability, quality, and speed of innovation.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues on production systems and communicate needed changes to the team.
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve system performance and reliability.
- Automate manual processes and procedures.
- Improve system monitoring, alerting, and documentation.
- Assist with system upgrades and application code as needed.
- Test, deploy, maintain, and monitor web applications and systems, including coordinating the installation through proper Change Management.
- Work with members of the Operations team to architect, implement, and solve complex issues.
- Assist members of other operations teams with issues or questions about processes.
What you’ll need:
- Experience building/operating consumer websites.
- Experience in Linux systems administration - Ubuntu preferred.
- Experience with implementation and administration in a public cloud - AWS certification preferred.
- Experience using configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, etc.).
- Experience with Windows server and IIS administration.
- Experience working with developers to ensure high quality code is promoted rapidly to production without interruption in service.
- Scripting language experience required (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related work preferred.
- Experience setting up and modifying system monitoring – Nagios, New Relic and Cloudwatch preferred.
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker, Redis, ELK, Consul, Apache, Kafka, and JVM tuning is a plus.
- Experience with MYSQL and/or MSSQL at a systems level preferred.
- Comfortable in continuously improving micro-service oriented environment.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional and organization borders.
- Desire to learn, evaluate, and apply new technologies is required.
- Ability and enthusiasm for solving complex problems.
- Ability to communicate with people of varying levels of technical ability.
- Be able to document processes and findings for teammates to refer to.
- Comfortable learning independently and asking for help when needed.
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
Angie’s List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.