Angie’s List is looking for a passionate Quality Support Analyst to join our Product Escalation (PE) team. Our PE team troubleshoots software issues for external and internal Angie’s List applications, triages severe issues, and works with software teams to get bugs fixed based on urgency. Our collaborative approach helps our teams more quickly respond to problems impacting our software users and reduces the duration of site outages. We also provide valuable feedback to help product managers and software developers understand how and why people use specific features, which helps our teams iterate to make better products. Our PE team has a direct impact on the effectiveness of our company’s software features and how homeowners, service professionals, and employees use them!
The best fits for our Product Escalation team are curious and resourceful people who can explore software and dig into backend systems to uncover the cause and effect of software bugs in production. No one day is the same, so our best team members are comfortable working on a variety of issues each day and are able to switch tasks based on priorities. They love to learn and to be a detective to research new issues while retaining knowledge of past issues. Their sleuthing and understanding of how our software works lets them effectively communicate technical details with software teams. Our PE team members also provide excellent customer service to the people that report software issues, as we’re their liaison in getting their issues resolved.
- Rapidly triage and prioritize reported software issues as they are submitted.
- Escalate severe issues to ensure they get rapid attention to fix. Ensure that outages are communicated to the affected business areas or company.
- Proactively identify unreported software issues.
- Create and execute database queries, use monitoring and tracking tools, and apply critical thinking to research issues.
- Partner with individuals and teams like Software Engineering, Product, Quality Engineering, Operations, and business teams to understand and diagnose reported software problems.
- Remain focused in driving the resolution of issues through the appropriate channels and team members, based on issue priorities.
- Provide best in class customer service to internal customers on escalated application questions and issues.
- Identify and report trending software quality issues to management.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Angie’s List products as they change over time in our continuous-delivery environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years recent, hands-on application support or quality engineering experience.
- Strong technical skills.
- Prefer experience in customer service.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, and decision making.
- Skills in time management with the ability to be versatile and handle re-prioritizations.
- An attention to detail and ability to accurately follow and document the cause and effect of software issues.
- Desire to grow technical skills and continue learning our always-changing software applications.
- Knowledge of database query languages (MySQL is a plus).
- Knowledge of Scrum and Agile software development methodologies is a plus.
- Additional hours outside of normal business hours may be required for emergency production situations.
- This position may require more than 40 hours of work per week.
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US. This role will work in our Headquarters in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Angie's List and HomeAdvisor have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 12 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Denver, CO.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.