At HomeAdvisor, we create digital products and experiences to help hundreds Here at HomeAdvisor, our Engineering organization is driven by innovation and teamwork. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the home services marketplace. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build.
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Software Engineer with demonstrably strong internet-focused Java development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing as part of a scrum team dedicated to building a quality product for HomeAdvisor’s iOS and Android mobile apps
- Developing a full stack application from front-end mobile code to backend RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- Designing APIs, solving data storage restrictions, communicating across secure networks, and implementing algorithms
- Analyzing product requirements and translating production code
- Helping write the necessary FE components for the corresponding backend services using native mobile development technologies such as Kotlin, Swift & iOS/Android SDKs
- Working cross functionally to build applications
- Supporting best practices across software versions
- Implementing and maintaining Java/Scala applications in a Microservice architecture
- Debugging and resolving technical issues
- Building relationships across teams and encouraging a passion for problem solving and coding
- Understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have 5+ years of experience in:
- Strong Java language fundamentals particularly Java 8 and newer
- Enterprise application experience using Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON
- Relational Database experience such as Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with native mobile development technologies is a plus but not required. Technologies such as Kotlin, Swift and iOS/Android SDKs
- RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- Strong belief in using unit testing and using framework such as Junit, Spock
- Version control system tools (GIT) and build management (Jenkins)
- Kafka, Kubernetes
- Agile methodologies, SOA and OOP concepts, CI/CD processes
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!