At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
About the Role
HomeAdvisor is seeking to fill a key role in its newly formed Category Management, Home Exterior team. HomeAdvisor’s leadership launched this team to ensure we develop targeted strategies, tailored product, and optimized operations to address the unique needs of Homeowners and Service Professionals we serve – all in the strong belief that this is necessary to unlock and further accelerate the company’s growth.
HomeAdvisor is seeking a highly analytical leader with multi-channel strategic marketing experience to join the Category Management team. This is a unique opportunity to work on HomeAdvisor’s critical and highest growth revenue initiatives and to own the performance of an important part of our overall success – embodying homeowner needs and insights related to Home Exterior tasks; partnering with Marketing to test, diversify and grow demand; informing a cohesive and compelling user experience to build a relationship with consumers; and ultimately building for scale. You will be responsible for setting strategy to maximize category revenue and health, developing a vision for the company’s relationship with our audiences for Home Exterior services, designing and analyzing category tests/priorities, and leading critical cross-company efforts. This role reports to the General Manager of Category Management for Home Exterior.
This is a cross-functional role that will work closely with and integrate efforts across a range of departments and stakeholders both internally and externally (in Paid Marketing, CRM, Offline Marketing, Brand/Creative, B2B Marketing, Business Development, Consumer Partnerships, Product, and UX), solving a range of diverse and challenging problems. From designing new user experiences, analyzing marketing campaign performance and opportunities, testing new channels and pathing, you will represent category-specific user needs in all Home Exterior touchpoints. This role will collaborate most closely with our Marketing teams – pointing and analyzing efforts across channels from a strategic perspective, in partnership with functional teams who will pull the executional levers.
What you'll do
- Identify and drive tangible financial and growth opportunities for the Home Exterior category
- Own and shape a cohesive Home Exterior strategy for our user’s cross-channel and product experience, partnering with internal teams to unify and align cross-functional pursuits
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive perspective on relevant marketing channels for the Home Exterior industry, as well as critical homeowner consideration and fulfillment processes for such services
- Define and maintain a point of view on the full lifecycle of needs and touchpoints for homeowners and pros, as well as HomeAdvisor’s priorities and near-term objectives of our relationships with each
- Conduct research and user/creative testing with homeowners, pros, and industry partners – in partnership with internal teams – to inform development of new campaigns and user experiences
- Partner with Paid Marketing to analyze and recommend changes to strategies that optimize spend and performance across paid campaigns
- Work with Offline Marketing and Business Development to design and analyze category-specific tests in new channels, media, and partnerships
- Collaborate with Product and UX to inform and refine robust experiences that reflect category nuance
- Lend category-specific perspective, insight and support to internal functional teams in pursuit of their goals
- Own analyses that provide actionable insight into business metrics, issues, and business opportunities; develop and execute plans to realize these opportunities
- Build dynamic models to inform everyday and long-term decision making
- Prepare clear, concise pitches and presentations that summarize points of view, insights and recommendations from strategic projects
- Present findings to internal and external stakeholders on a weekly basis
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of professional experience with evidence of increasing responsibility in an integrated marketing capacity
- Exceptional strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Tactical experience designing, prioritizing, and executing marketing strategies and plans in both paid and owned channels
- Deep-rooted analytical skills and critical perspective on channel performance
- Very strong, concise communication and presentation skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel and familiarity with use of databases preferred
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to partner on cross-functional teams and projects
- Humble and effective cross-functional team player with demonstrated leadership potential
- Significant exposure to B2C marketing preferred; B2B a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA not required, but preferred
- A passion for HomeAdvisor and where it is headed