At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
About the role
HomeAdvisor is seeking an Associate Director, Strategy & Analytics to join the team! This is a unique opportunity to work directly with the VP of Network Growth & Analytics as a trusted advisor and execution partner to build data-driven business cases with the goal of improving the strength of our paying service professional network. Partnering with key operational stakeholders, your team will uncover and pursue opportunities around sales, customer care, marketing and product to more efficiently grow and retain providers on our platform.
Position is based in Denver, CO
What you’ll be doing
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to take a business objective or goal and break it down into a cohesive plan – identify specific areas of opportunity through analysis, understand the drivers behind them, set metrics to focus on and develop a testing plan that will get us there
- Support and conduct regular check-ins with those responsible for execution of business process changes with ongoing measures of progress and collaborate to identify further opportunities
- In partnership with finance, develop and maintain novel viewpoints related to the understanding of our network and associated monetization that tie to financial plans
- Closely track the most important business metrics on a regular basis and work stakeholders to understand the trends and surface opportunities to improve key metrics with more in-depth analyses
- Build, evolve, manage and support end-to-end analytics pipelines; as a rapidly growing tech organization you will likely be identifying metrics not yet tracked and need to develop the underlying tables to regularly report on them
- Support PnL owners in troubleshooting performance and achieving target performance metrics
What we're looking for
- Analytical and ambitious people, with a desire to learn and grow rapidly
- Experience building business cases and interfacing regularly with senior leaders
- Structured thinker with strong organizational and communication skills
- 4-8 years of professional experience in an analytical field such as management consulting, finance or another tech company
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
- Demonstrated intermediate-to-advanced proficiency in SQL
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience at a marketplace company a plus
More about us:
As #1 in the home services category, we work every day to create the digital products and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners to both deliver a seamless home improvement experience and nurture growth of the independent small business. Product is the heart of all that we do.
We are shaping what it means to be Rocky Mountain Tech. We are known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a “take what you need” vacation policy, thoughtful approach to career development, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we are a true meritocracy and fundamentally believe our people are our greatest asset.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We love the software that we invent, the hundreds of thousands of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we unburden and beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!