HomeAdvisor is building an innovative, new home service that spans the digital and physical worlds—from the details on a screen, to in-person, human-to-human interactions, and everything in between. As a Design Lead, you will be charged with redefining expectations around what’s possible in the home industry by creating simple, seamless solutions to complex, previously unsolved problems.
Highly successful Design Leads at HomeAdvisor are:
- End-to-end strategic thinkers
- Decisive design leaders
Our Design Leads inspire teams of designers through hands-on example in every phase of a project lifecycle, from early strategy and concepting, through customer research, detailed design, launch, and optimization. They are masters of their craft in a variety of design disciplines: user experience, user interface design, front-end coding, branding, and visual design.
We value creative exploration, iteration, attention to detail, decisiveness in direction, and clarity in communication. Designing our service requires an intimate understanding of our diverse users—achieved through continuous research and testing—and close collaboration with many disciplines inside our organization.
What you'll do
- Lead teams of highly talented designers through complex creative challenges
- Partner with leaders across disciplines to bring customer-centric ideas into reality
- Be responsible for the design of significant parts of our customer experience
- Design, prototype, and launch great digital experiences that are functional, easy to use, and informed by data and research
- Create concepts, user flows, screens, and prototypes that support our mission
- Make design decisions with a deep understanding of our entire end-to-end service and customers
What we’re looking for:
- 5 - 8 years designing experiences on mobile and web
- Experience leading projects from inception to launch with product and engineering teams
- Ability and desire to solve complex product design problems and the strategy skills to deliver best-in-class solutions
- Ability to balance qualitative insights with quantitative data to articulate design rationale
- Experience designing products for growth (e.g., conversion optimization, A/B testing) is a plus
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product.