At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
Wanted: A customer service-focused technical support professional (also known as a Desktop Support Technician) looking to advance his or her career in the world of systems support and administration as part of a hard-charging, motivated Technical Operations team dedicated to keeping HomeAdvisor's IT Environment exceptional for our associates. This position is available in our Golden office.
- Responding to incidents and requests for Tier 1 support
- Triage incoming support issues and determine severity and impact, escalating when appropriate to higher tier support. Providing information to Tier 2 & 3 support as needed
- Participating in maintenance activities on hardware, operating systems, and software applications, and, with supervision, making physical changes to PC, server, and network storage hardware.
- Maintaining the alert/notification systems, and creating/modifying support documentation.
- Travel between locations for support activities.
Why we think you'll want this job:
- HomeAdvisor has a casual, laidback vibe, and our commitment to our employees has landed us on the Denver Post’s Top Workplaces list for each of the last 6 years.
- Your teammates are passionate about their work, and strive to be experts in their field. They love to learn from you, teach you, support you, and challenge you.
- At HomeAdvisor, we have a progressive take what you need paid time-off policy. Instead of accruing vacation and/or sick time, you literally take the time you need to recharge (within reason, of course).
- We are always looking for new ideas to solve problems; your opinion matters to us, and we want to know how you can excel at your job.
- Ability to provide world class customer service to HomeAdvisor employees and partners through phone, email and desk-side support.
- At least 2 years of experience in a technical support position of some kind - you must have your high school diploma or equivalent, and some college is desirable. A+, Network+ and/or ACMT certifications get you bonus points.
- Experience troubleshooting PC and Mac technical problems through remote troubleshooting.
- Basic familiarity with servers, and network hardware, as well as familiarity with operating system software Work with computer imaging, printer support, etc.
- Experience with modern IT Service Management systems a plus.
- The ability to communicate in a variety of methods - email, written documentation, verbal instructions - and the ability to stop and listen.
- Ability to follow process and procedures, and communicate to management when possible changes should be made.
- The ability to maintain composure when things get chaotic or if they don't quite go the way you planned.
- Reliable transportation is needed to perform job responsibilities.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!