HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven Director of SEO who will be responsible for building a best-in-class internal SEO program. As we look to drive increased organic visibility for the HomeAdvisor website, we are in search of an executive ready SEO leader that can implement cutting-edge tactics and techniques to drive growth. The role will require a strong blend of both analytical, technical, and leadership skills. The Director of SEO will sit within the product organization and will report into our VP of SEO and Product Growth.
HomeAdvisor is a dual-sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions that will reshape the home services marketplace.
- Fiercely competitive with a sense of urgency, creativity and curiosity for how we can outperform the competition and drive stakeholders across product, engineering, content and marketing.
- A forward-thinking visionary with the ability to execute and drive key initiatives for big results
- Nimble and able to measure performance with a keen focus on scale, growth, and business impact
- Collaborative by nature with a bias towards action
- Constantly staying abreast of new SEO technologies, concepts and best practices (keyword searches, user intent, crawlability, mobile-friendly, page speed, etc.)
What you’ll do:
- Develop and lead the SEO strategy for the HomeAdvisor web properties
- Build a rockstar SEO team that can drive meaningful acquisition and growth for the business
- Create a world class SEO function by ensuring we are ahead of the curb on emerging search trends, technology and strategies
- Build advanced analytics and data that can provide real-time intelligence on performance, ranking changes, opportunities and site performance
- Foster best-in-class technical SEO capabilities (crawling, indexation, internal linking, structured data, mobile, page speed performance, experimentation, etc.)
- Serve as the primary SEO evangelist throughout the organization and work cross functionally to establish alignment and buy in on the SEO strategy
- Partner with the Director of Product, Growth and Director of Editorial & Content to ensure SEO considerations are prioritized in product and content roadmaps
- Deliver significant growth and scale while hyper-focused on quality
Skills and experience for success:
- 7+ years of SEO experience
- 3+ years of experience leading a high-performance teams in fast-paced, digitally native organizations
- Prior experience scaling organic search for sites with 10MM+ monthly search traffic
- Proven success in strategizing and executing technical SEO initiatives to acquire users efficiently and at scale
- Familiarity and comfort with big data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor organic search health
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with experience structuring and performing complex analysis within organic search to drive efficient growth
- Expertise working with large scale SaaS platforms and/or direct to consumer marketplace environments
- Demonstrated experience working with demand forecasting and acquisition models
- Powerful communication skills with an ability to engage and influence senior management
- Extensive experience working alongside various internal stakeholders to drive success
- Strong technical background within engineering, product or other areas of technical prowess
- Strong knowledge of BI, Database and Analytics platforms (SQL a plus)
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous “take what you need” vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This SEO Director will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, impactful team, send us your resume to start the conversation.