HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven Director of Product - Matching and Pricing. This person will own our core monetization engine, driving nearly $1bn in revenue/yr. They will have the opportunity to lead a revolution in how customers are matched with pros, how services are priced, and how we think about defining success. This person has an owner’s mindset and is experienced in building dynamic personalized products in areas like pricing, matching, recommendations, etc. that use machine learning to drive decision making.
You will be successful in this role if you are:
- Fiercely competitive: you operate with a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we can improve the lives of our customers and our pros. You aren’t easily knocked down
- A team builder: you are excited by the chance to build a diverse, well-rounded team of high performing product managers and have a track record of doing so
- A data expert: you can analyze and understand large data sets and filter out the noise, distilling the complex to be simple. You can use this data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- An inventor: you can come in and define a program from scratch, build a plan, and drive
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+Ls
What you’ll do:
- Own the health of our massive service pro network from a product perspective -- including matching, pricing, and engagement
- Set and drive ambitious goals and the vision and the roadmap to deliver on them
- Use all the levers at your disposal to drive step-function improvement in lifetime value of our pros
- Balance the needs of our pros with the needs of our homeowners, optimizing for a mix of satisfaction, retention, LTV, and revenue
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day
- Collaborate with leaders of data science, engineering and analytics teams to make smart decisions that deliver for customers and pros
Skills and Experience needed for success:
- 7+ years of product experience, including 3+ years leading high performing teams in fast-paced, digitally native organizations
- A track record of innovating on behalf of customers and developing ‘new to the world’ products
- Experience using machine learning to drive product impact
- Deep experience testing at scale, including partnering with data science to build new products
- Ability to build a complex roadmap from scratch and evangelize a broad shift in mindset in partnership with senior leadership
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity and comfort with big data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health and build a roadmap
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely and can tailor your message to your audience
MORE ABOUT US:
As #1 in the home services category, we work every day to create the digital products and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners to both deliver a seamless home improvement experience and nurture growth of the independent small business.
We are shaping what it means to be Rocky Mountain Tech. We are known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a “take what you need” vacation policy, thoughtful approach to career development, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we are a true meritocracy and fundamentally believe our people are our greatest asset.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We love the software that we invent, the hundreds of thousands of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we unburden and beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!