At HomeAdvisor our Engineering organization is driven by innovation and teamwork. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the home services marketplace. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates, and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build. On the Mobile Team our goal is to provide our homeowner and service professional customers with best-in-class app experiences, all while driving value for HomeAdvisor.
HomeAdvisor is looking for an Android Developer with solid, demonstrable Android development experience, as well as some experience developing restful API services to support mobile apps.
As an Android Developer for HomeAdvisor you will be responsible for:
- Working in an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment that works on a 2-week release cadence
- Collaborating with experts from product development, UX, design, marketing, and software testing
- Building the best mobile app solutions for our Service Providers and homeowners
The folks in this role are usually successful with 3+ years of experience in:
- Android mobile application development
- Kotlin, Java, SQLite, JSON, Android Studio
- Using all the Android layout types
- Calling Restful APIs (Retrofit)
- Giving and receiving candid and respectful feedback in code review
- Reactive programming (RxJava)
- Unit testing of Android applications using Espresso
- UI testing of Android applications using UI Automator
All candidates must be eligible to work without sponsorship for any U.S.-based company, now and in the future. Unfortunately, HomeAdvisor cannot provide work sponsorship at this time.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!