Angie’s List is looking for a full time Software Engineer to join our Data Integration team, with proven experience in integration design, coding, delivery best practices and technical leadership capabilities.
You'll be joining a critical software engineering team tasked with integrating multiple systems, machine learning models and web sites in our environment. Integrating our systems, machine learning models and web sites with Salesforce will allow us to effectively share real time data with our sales teams. This data will allow them to make more informed decisions and provide a world-class customer experience.
Primary things you'll be responsible for:
- Partner with your Product Manager to analyze needs and propose solutions that meet the requirements while balancing time and cost.
- Team up with team Architect to ensure your solutions take full advantage of the Angie’s List web site and database platform.
- Work with DevOps to ensure all deliverables can be deployed, managed and monitored automatically in a cloud-first, infrastructure-as-code approach.
- Participate and contribute in your team’s agile rituals in a Scrum focused development culture.
- Get your code to Prod as quick as possible in a continuous delivery environment that deploys 10+ times a day.
- Hold yourself and your team members accountable to best practices around performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards.
- Own your work all the way to Prod and beyond, aiding in triaging and fixing of bugs and issues that come up.
Experience we’ll be seeking:
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer engineering, or related degree.
- 3+ years’ experience in software engineering or system/database integration roles.
- Experience with MySQL, MariaDB or MS-SQL required.
- Knowledge of SQL optimization and data modelling.
- Experience using one or more of the following programming languages - Java, Python, R or Scala.
- Experience with data integration platforms such as MuleSoft, SSIS, Apache Camel or Spring Integration.
- Knowledge of SOA, microservices, and/or RESTful design patterns
- Experience with Amazon Web Services a plus.
- Experience with Big Data focused data stores such as RedShift or Snowflake a plus.
- An understanding of Data Warehousing techniques and approaches.
- Knowledge of automated testing at unit and integration levels, using tools such as Junit, mockito, powermock, Spock, Selenium, etc.
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US. This role will work in our Headquarters in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Angie’s List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.