The Software Engineer I builds software products used by customers of the Angie's List home services platform. They work with team members to execute product initiatives in a way that meets Angie’s List technology standards for performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability.
This position works on the heart of the Angie’s List platform, building features that real people use every day. We are a continuous iteration shop, meaning if we finish a feature on a Tuesday, would will be working towards pushing it to Production on Wednesday, and watch it bring business results on Thursday.
- Test new features, using the scientific method, to optimize for the best user experience
- Ensure that the code meets performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards
- Verify delivered code meets acceptance criteria
- Review team members’ code submissions
- Write unit tests as well as automation for endpoints
- Consult with other team members to provide time estimates and project status
- Follow scrum practices for project management, including daily standups, grooming, planning, and retrospectives
- Follow technology practices such as code review, change control, and deployment
- Undergraduate degree in computer information technology, computer engineering, or related degree; or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience developing production software in a software-as-a-service environment
- Experience working on technical teams building software applications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience developing in a modern frontend library or framework like React, Angular, or Ember
- Prior experience in Scala or a desire to learn it
- Experience with Adobe target or an equivalent split testing platform.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- Smart, curious, motivated, and honest
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and microservices
- Understanding of Redux and its core principles
- Experience with application monitoring strategies and tools (New Relic, etc)
- Experience with test automation technologies like Cucumber and Gherkin
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience in developing enterprise-level features in Java or Scala
- Experience in one or more Agile software development life cycle methodologies such as Scrum
- Experience in GitHub and Jira or similar tools
Angie’s List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.