Angie’s List is looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to join our Core Quality Team, which is responsible for establishing and implementing a quality automation platform across our development organization in Indianapolis, IN. This is a role that will require leadership and independent thinking to grow the use of QA automation techniques throughout Angie's List. We are looking for someone who has a passion for making sure software performs accurately, efficiently, and according to plan.
What you will be doing:
- Build test frameworks: You'll architect, design, and implement test automation frameworks from the ground up into a continuous integration and execution model.
- Collaborate: With your scrum team, other delivery teams, QA, and operations counterparts to integrate automation into the organization’s development pipeline.
- Develop automated testing/productivity tools and work with various stakeholders to ensure maximum utilization.
Why we think you'll like working here:
- More than 60 million homeowners have turned to Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor to find the best local service providers, like roofers, plumbers, handymen, and mechanics. You’ll have a direct impact on customer experience every single day for our members and service professionals.
- You’ll work in a continuous-delivery software development environment deploying into a world class, cloud-based, event-driven microservice architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the US.
- We're not afraid to make mistakes and figure out how we can be better in our next Sprint.
What we’re seeking:
- Very comfortable developing and testing web-based software, including backend testing of databases and RESTful APIs to verify test results and ensure appropriate data conditions exist to supplement your front-end testing work.
- Working knowledge of Git version control system.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong SQL experience, preferably in MySql or MSSQL.
- Experience with any of Cucumber, JMeter, Selenium, JUnit, TestNG, Mocha, and Chai.
- Experience with Elastic Search or Kafka is a bonus.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development environment and use of JIRA.
- Experience working with Jenkins in a CI/CD environment.
- Experience evangelizing to increase adoption of automated tests.
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
Angie’s List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.