Angie’s List is an innovative Indianapolis-based technology company under the ANGI Homeservices umbrella that connects millions of service professionals with hundreds of millions of homeowners. The AL product/technology team is expanding into mobile-first organization, refocusing the Angie’s List mobile experience for homeowners who want to manage their home improvement projects on the go.
The Mobile Architect is responsible for the architecture of all mobile applications at Angie’s List, including both iOS and Android, for consumers and service providers. The ideal candidate has over 8 years of Software Engineering experience with a focus on leadership, architecture, and mobile development. In addition, the ideal candidate will have prior experience architecting code-bases to allow multiple teams to efficiently work in parallel on the same application.
- Ensure mobile applications meet both product needs and standards for technical quality
- The design and implementation mobile build systems
- Assist in scaling our mobile application teams
- Be the primary Development liaison for Product with regards to mobile applications
- Represent Development and Architecture at a variety of external events including user groups and conferences
- Effectively deliver presentations and content to the broader organization
- Continuously evaluate new technologies
- Stay up to date on the latest trends, libraries, and technologies
- Work with the development teams to oversee all mobile tickets, design, and execution
- Ability to partner closely with business and technology stakeholders to set and implement strategy
- Good organization and program management skills with a track record of successful program delivery
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Strong executive communication skills and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong customer service and collaboration skills
- Expert knowledge of Kotlin and Swift and related mobile ecosystems
- Experience in scaling mobile applications to accommodate multiple development teams
Education & Experience
- Experience successfully leading organizational change
- 8+ years of Software Engineering experience
- A bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or related field is preferred
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
Angie’s List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.