Angie’s List is looking for an experienced Software Quality Manager to join our team in Indianapolis, IN. We are looking for someone who has a passion for improving the technical skillset of our QA Engineers and SDETs and will help continue to transition our team members to be Quality Leaders. Our best managers embrace our fun and challenging environment, are eager to continuously learn, and are able to effect positive change in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Grow employees’ technical skillset:
- Assess the technical abilities of QA Engineers and SDETs and develop repeatable training to advance their technical skills and teach best practices.
- Evaluate new tools to increase the productivity and quality of software produced by our Scrum teams.
- Build rollout strategies and training for new software tools pertaining to Quality.
- Advance test automation on Scrum teams:
- Increase QA Engineers’ involvement in test automation on their Scrum teams. Work with SDETs to expand the impact of their test automation.
- Promote a behavior-driven development (BDD) mindset and advance the use of Gherkin and Cucumber on delivery teams.
- Teach employees to inspect different levels of automated tests (unit, API, UI) to avoid duplicating manual or automated testing.
- Work with leaders in Product, Engineering, Architecture, and Ops to implement processes and tools to improve software quality across the organization.
- Build and coach a strong team of Quality Leaders:
- Help attract top QA Engineer and SDET talent into the recruiting pipeline.
- Manage employees and remote contractors embedded across multiple Scrum teams.
- Promote the mentality that QA Engineers and SDETs are Quality Leaders on their Scrum teams, who coach the entire software team to take an active role in delivering quality software.
- Help individuals and Scrum teams be successful with testing:
- Establish metrics and analyze data to know the current state of software quality in the organization and identify areas for improvement.
- Lead complex software testing projects and perform testing, as needed.
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves and jump in to help in the short-term (like testing a ticket in a sprint) while working to figure out solutions to long-term challenges.
What we’re seeking:
- 2+ years of management experience in a software or technology field with the ability to coordinate people, build consensus, take ownership for your solutions, participate in hiring, and work with team members on continued growth and career goals.
- 3+ years of hands-on manual software testing experience, including test plan development, requirements analysis, test case design, test execution practices, defect detection, and logging and tracking bugs.
- Experience leading testers in transitioning from a manual-testing based role to being proactively involved in increasing usage of test automation.
- Experience writing test automation including the use of Gherkin and Cucumber.
- Strong communication skills and ability to speak to all levels within the organization.
- Experience leading in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Proficient with test case management software.
- Strong database experience understanding schemas and writing SQL statements, preferably in MySql or MSSQL.
- Experience using Postman, SoapUI, or another API testing tool for testing backend services.
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
Angie’s List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.