HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced Front End Developer to join our Software Development team. In general, we are looking for someone who has experience working on public-facing web properties, and being part of a fast-paced, fun-loving team. Our environment can be fun, loose, iterative, and even chaotic at times - you've been warned.
What you will be doing:
- Integrate client-side code with web services, social platforms, and our Java backend infrastructure
- Work with key business partners in Creative Design, UX/UI and Product Development to produce beautiful and functional pages
- Work on progressive redesign and maintenance projects that have an immediate impact on how our customers experience our brand every day
- Stay ahead of the curve in order to suggest and implement new technologies and best practices into our site and workflow
Why we think you'll like working here:
- HomeAdvisor.com is the industry-leading online marketplace connecting homeowners to pre-qualified home improvement resources in their area - a homeowner turns to HomeAdvisor or Angie’s List every second for help.
- We're one of Denver's largest internet companies, and our employees have voted us to the Denver Post's list of Top Workplaces for 6 years running.
- You have a direct impact on our customer experience every single day.
- We're not afraid to make mistakes and figure out how we can be better in time for the next release.
- We place an emphasis on innovation and ownership and celebrate the contributions of individuals to the company.
- Cross-browser functionality testing
- Experience with Version Control (Git, SVN, CVS, etc.)
- A deep understanding of modern browsers, their rendering engines, and an awareness of industry best-practices for handling those differences
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to respond quickly to evolving requirements
- An inquisitive mind and continuous learner that wants to contribute to a sustainable culture of innovation
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team
Bonus Points for Experience with:
- A front-end framework, such as Vue, React, or Angular
- js and npm
- JS Module patterns
- Server-side templating frameworks like JSP/JSTL or Pug/Jade
- Unit testing, integration testing, and test driven development
- LESS or SASS/SCSS with BEM
- Build tools like Grunt, Gulp or Rollup
- Mobile Web Development
If you have a passion for clean, easily maintained front-end code and a desire to make an impact on customer experience, we think you’ll be in good company here at HomeAdvisor. Send us your resume so we can chat.
If you're interested in a career with us, we'd love to talk. If you have questions about any of our roles, talk with one of our Recruiters by signing up for our next chat: http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us/