As a DevOps Engineer and member of the DevOps team, you will help create infrastructure that allows one of Denver’s fastest growing companies to streamline its development and deployment strategies. You will be responsible for helping to scale out our infrastructure by writing automation recipes which will help monitor systems, execute backups and automate day to day tasks.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
As a DevOps Engineer and member of the DevOps team, you will help create infrastructure that allows one of Denver’s fastest growing companies to streamline its development and deployment strategies. You will be responsible for helping to scale out our infrastructure by writing automation recipes which will help monitor systems, execute backups and automate day to day tasks. If you’ve ever wanted to get into DevOps, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and work in a fast-paced, fun environment.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, operations and software testing to deliver HomeAdvisor software quickly and reliably to customers, both internal and external.
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Software release on a (currently) Bi-weekly basis
- Work to create continuous delivery pipeline to automatically push code through the environments
- Deploy, debug and optimize dev, test and production VM’s consisting of Linux, Apache, Tomcat
- Work with the team to own and maintain the production infrastructure - patches, backups, upgrades, AMI’s, and security
- Work to create tools to allow development teams to self-serve their platform needs
- Daily interaction with developers and participation in the development process
- Continuously iterate and improve our systems
- Create documentation for supported systems and services
- Participate in on-call, and share in off-hours maintenance work
What will make you a great fit:
- Strong history of professional growth, collaboration and excellent communication skills
- Software release experience (2+ years)
- Knowledge of at least one virtual hosting environment (AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure/etc.)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- Strong knowledge of containerization tools, such as Docker
- Knowledge of at least one automation tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Working in version control, especially with Git and Gitlab
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- You enjoy a fast-paced, demanding DevOps environment that requires collaboration
- Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.