Product is the heart of HomeAdvisor’s business. We are visionaries with a deep sense of purpose tied together with a healthy dose of business acumen. At HomeAdvisor, we conceive, test and guide the new product ideas from imagination to reality. We accomplish this by partnering closely with our world-class engineering and design teams to create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners.
HomeAdvisor is a dual-sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions that will reshape the home services marketplace.
- Analytical: You find the truth in numbers.
- A colleague who leads by example: you inspire and mentor others and you effectively communicate within your team and cross-functionally.
- A solution seeker: you love a game of 3D chess and collaborate to find solutions to complex problems.
- Relentless: You aren’t easily knocked down. You demonstrate grit every day in all that you do and raise the bar for others around you.
- Detail oriented with eyes on the big picture: you execute and add value in the immediate term but also maintain a vision for the future.
Skills and Experience needed for success:
- 7+ years of experience with product expertise including the ability to ideate, technically develop and launch never before seen products.
- Direct experience with large scale SaaS platforms, A/B testing, web and native mobile application environments, and data analytics
- 2+ years’ experience leading multiple high-performance teams in fast-paced, digitally native organizations
- Strong ability to collaborate across all functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Demonstrated experience with working with demand forecasting and acquisition models
- Familiarity with product development in agile methodologies preferably with matrixed organizations
- Experience in managing, coaching, and providing guidance to junior team members and the passion for creating an environment where creative solutions are nurtured
- Familiarity and comfort with big data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely both in front of large groups and one on one.
- Comprehensive understanding of HomeAdvisor’s competitive position and the ability to deliver products that are best in the industry
- BA required; MBA a plus.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As a leader reporting to our SVP of Product, you’ll set the strategic vision and be responsible for the execution of the product roadmap. Our Product group is responsible for developing digital tools and cutting-edge solutions that help consumers find reputable contractors and our Service Professionals thrive and grow their business. The Director of Product will develop and grow a team of several talented Product Managers.
The team and position will be based out of our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District of Denver, CO.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple product managers and their respective delivery teams in the strategy and execution of the product experience.
- Deeply understand our user base (both consumers and service professionals), where they find value in our platform, and where we have opportunities to improve.
- Develop high-level roadmaps aligning with organizational business initiatives to drive value.
- Launch new products and features with a highly detailed and thoughtful testing approach to evaluate performance.
- Conduct competitive analysis and economic models to evaluate new business opportunities and prioritize efforts effectively.
- Provide executive level presentations identifying product performance and new business opportunities.
- Leverage analytics to make swift and smart decisions while iterating quickly.
- Possess exceptional problem solving and decision-making skills - live and love the data.
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve business problems.
MORE ABOUT US:
At HomeAdvisor, we are shaping what it means to be Rocky Mountain Tech. We are known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a “take what you need” vacation policy, thoughtful approach to career development, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we are a true meritocracy and fundamentally believe our people are our greatest asset.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We love the software that we invent, the hundreds of thousands of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we unburden and beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!