As a Senior DevOps Engineer and member of the Platform Automation team, you will help create infrastructure that allows one of Denver’s fastest growing companies to streamline its development and deployment strategies. In this position, you will work together with experts from product development, operations and software testing to deliver HomeAdvisor software quickly and reliably to customers, both internal and external.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Work to create Continuous Delivery pipelines to automatically progress code through our environments and into production
- Collaborate with Developers, Product Management and other stakeholders to identify further improvements to our processes and systems
- Work with the rest of the DevOps team to create tools that allow development teams to self-serve their platform needs
- Partner with and mentor other team members to introduce new technologies and help further their career progression
- Create and maintain documentation for supported systems and services
- Software release on a (currently) Bi-weekly basis
- Deploy, debug and optimize dev, test and production infrastructure consisting of Linux, Java, Apache, Tomcat
- Participate in on-call, and share in off-hours maintenance work
What will make you a great fit:
- You are familiar with containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- You have experience working with one of the primary Public Cloud Providers (AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure/etc.)
- You have worked extensively with one of the primary Continuous Integration platforms, such as Jenkins, Travis CI, GitLab CI, etc.
- You know Git and one of the leading vendors of Git (GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one automation tool (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- You enjoy writing clean, testable code
- Helping your teammates learn a new skill or technology gives you energy
- You enjoy a fast-paced, demanding DevOps environment that requires collaboration
- Ability to work among multiple teams and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
- You have a strong history of professional growth, collaboration and excellent communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Software release experience (2+ years)
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.