Angie’s List is an innovative Indianapolis-based technology company under the ANGI Homeservices umbrella that connects millions of service professionals with hundreds of millions of homeowners. The AL product/technology team is expanding into mobile-first organization, refocusing the Angie’s List mobile experience for a younger audience of homeowners who want to manage their home improvement projects on the go. Compensation is competitive based on experience.
Angie’s List is seeking a motivated, passionate, and inventive Android developer who can jump in and take ownership of our newest Android projects. Our native Android applications are developed in Kotlin and Java, so previous experience with either language is a plus.
- Drive the engineering and development of our mobile projects
- Ownership in developing and improving all aspects of our stack (development, testing, CI, automation, and architecture)
- Deliver high quality, well-architected features and applications
- Writing functional, well-tested code
- Layout and user interface related development
- Designing and engineering features that deliver value to the people who use them. This means collaborating closely with the entire team (designers, product managers, etc.)
Reach Out If You…
- Have developed libraries or applications you’d like to show off (you have code on GitHub, Bitbucket, etc. and have something live in the Apple App Store / Google Play)
- Enjoy working with Kotlin and Java and have a successful track record of developing applications using these technologies
- Have experience developing mobile applications using Android Studio and the Android SDK
- Are equally comfortable working with HTTP-based web services, and have a working knowledge of web application and API architectures
- Are looking for a casual, upbeat work environment in downtown Indy (with a great view!)
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Have experience making decisions regarding application architecture
- Love to keep up with new technologies relating to mobile and web
- Communicate well with others in both written and verbal forms
- Are self-directed and able to manage your time effectively
Bonus points for…
- Experience working with an agile / scrum-based development model
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or enough experience to show that you can do the job well
- History working in native mobile applications
- A working knowledge of memes
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
Angie’s List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.