We are seeking a Database Operations Manager, focused on leading the team responsible for administration of the organization's MSSQL and MYSQL databases. This individual needs to be motivated in advancing his or her career in the world of systems administration and performance as part of a hard-charging, motivated Technical Operations team dedicated to keeping HomeAdvisor's IT Environment exceptional for our clients and associates. This role will sit in our Indianapolis, IN, location, and will report to our Sr. Manager, Engineering Operations.
- Leads and manages a team of database administrators
- Analyzes the organization's database needs and develops a long-term strategy for data storage and system performance
- Establishes policies and procedures related to data security and integrity and monitors and limits database access as needed
- Oversees the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems that manage an internal database
- Investigate and resolve database related issues
- Optimize database performance
- Backup/restore and provide historical data if needed
- Work closely with teams responsible for customer website and data management
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in computer information technology, database administration, or related degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical environment with hands on database administration experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to lead, recruit, and maintain high performing database team
- Ability to have a positive impact on team moral and work successfully with other teams
- Ability to build and maintain relationships of trust
- Ability to hold team accountable
- Advanced technical knowledge including but not limited to: MSSQL Server and MySQL
- Skills in coordinating activities, active listening, and monitoring performance
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical/analytical thinking, logic/reasoning, and decision making
- Skills in the management of personnel, finances, and other resources
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff and vendors
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritization
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot and piece together conclusions and apply rules to produce answers that make sense
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US. This role will work in our Headquarters in downtown Indianapolis, IN.
Angie's List and HomeAdvisor have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor employ nearly 4,000 employees across the U.S., with our biggest hubs in Denver, CO and Indianapolis, IN. ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), operates 12 brands in eight countries, and is headquartered in Denver, CO.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.