We are a team of insanely ambitious makers, engineers, operators, and general troublemakers. Our mission is to build the platform creating connected products, including hardware (the Hologram Dash and SIM cards), connecting to the Hologram cellular network, and web applications for managing devices and data. We are venture backed and growing fast to support our expanding customer base.
Our headquarters are in Chicago, Illinois.
What is this role?
Hologram is looking for a designer to deliver a beautiful user experiences and stunning brand visualizations to the technical and business users that rely on our products for core components of their businesses. You will work closely with our engineering and growth teams to continue to remake and evolve our products and brand to be the go-to platform in IoT.
What you’ll do
- Act as a conduit between the Product, Growth, and Engineering teams to solve complex interaction problems, humanize product ideas, and develop these ideas into elegant system design
- Craft Hologram's brand vision and create associated visual design
- Own user experience and work with engineering teams to make it a reality
- Own product visual design and asset creation
- Design interaction models, wireframes and mid-fidelity mockups that promote ease of use and optimize how customers interact with our product family
- Analyze tasks, model information, navigation, and flows using UX best practices
Who we’re looking for
- 4+ years experience with graphic design
- Strong color and typographic skills
- Up-to-date with all current design technologies/trends and developments
- Self-starter attitude
- Expertise in design apps such as the Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch app, or other effective tools with which you have experience and opinions
- Preferred: Interest or experience in hardware hacking and IoT
- Preferred: Experience running your own design projects on the side is appreciated and respected
Why should you join us?
At Hologram, we believe in you and your immediate squad members know what's best for our platform and enable you to make immediate customer-impacting decisions. You can see this in how we develop products and processes: Hologram pushes decision-making out to the edges of the organization to reduce management overhead and increase speed to market.
We also have a flexible work from home policy (i.e. you make your own). This means you can decide to work from home whenever you want and only coordinate face-to-face with your teammates when you need to. Some team members work from home full time.
Hologram promotes tight knit teams by officially supporting events that allow you to get to know your teammates in a relaxed environment. We periodically host events to take a pause from work, hang out, learn more about the other aspects of the business, and most importantly learn about each other.