SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298-acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and spirited community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made.
Our COMMITMENTS are as follows:
SAFETY FIRST: we commit to safety as a top priority.
KEEP IT CLEAN: we commit to the highest standard of cleanliness.
ALL ARE WELCOME: we commit to valuing and celebrating the diversity of our community, our team, and all that we serve.
STRONGER TOGETHER: we commit to providing an environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and recognizes the positive achievements of all.
THINK BIG: we commit to innovation, inspiration, and imagination in the delivery of extraordinary experiences through every interaction.
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park is looking for a Sr. Lead Cloud Engineer to design, build, maintain and
optimize cloud infrastructure and applications. This role will lead overall architecture and design in the
Google Cloud environment working cross functionally with developers, data engineering and
infrastructure teams. On top of architecture and technical responsibilities, the Lead Cloud Engineer will
also act as a mentor/manager for the Cloud Engineering team, providing leadership, promoting
collaboration, communication, and providing guidance/resources to help them succeed. This person
should have a team player attitude and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work style that responds
quickly and efficiently under pressure. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park are passionate about the guest
experience for visitors and staff we support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensure that the cloud engineering team is motivated, productive, and capable of delivering high-
● Responsible for overseeing the technical aspects of the team's work
● Provide guidance, support, and mentorship to individual team members, helping to foster their
growth and development within the organization.
● Ensure the reliability and scalability of SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park’s cloud infrastructure
and services ensure high availability, scalability, and security.
● Collaborate with cross functional teams to gather requirements and design scalable cloud
● Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to ensure proactive identification and
resolution of issues
● Troubleshoot and resolve incidents related to the cloud infrastructure, ensuring minimal downtime
and optimal performance
● Assist in the evaluation and selection of cloud services and technologies to meet business
● Conduct performance tuning and optimization of cloud resources to maximize efficiency and cost
● Ensure compliance with security and regulatory standards in the design and implementation of
hybrid cloud infrastructure
● Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and emerging technologies in cloud computing
● Potential availability for weekend events and on-call shifts
● Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple & competing priorities
● May be called upon for service issues or failures at any time
● Strong work ethic, commitment to high standards
● 5+ years experience designing and engineering scalable cloud solutions in Azure, AWS or GCP
● 3+ years experience utilizing infrastructure as code and automating infrastructure configurations
(Terraform, Ansible etc.)
● 3+ years scripting/programming experience with a focus on automation (Python, Go, PowerShell,
Bash, APIs etc.)
● 3+ years Experience with cloud networking and managing hybrid cloud connections (VPC, Hybrid
VPN, Load Balancing, Peering etc.)
● 3+ years experience with cloud monitoring, logging and paging platforms (Prometheus/Grafana,
Nagios, OpsGenie, PagerDuty etc.)
● 5+ years experience with git and source control systems (Github, Bitbucket etc.)
● 3+ years experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines (Bitbucket Pipelines, Github
● Familiarity with containerization technologies and orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes, GKE
● Familiarity with serverless computing and automated workflows (Cloud Functions, Cloud Run,
App Engine etc.)
● Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Unlimited flexible time off
- Health savings plans
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), which provides counseling for emotional health, legal assistance, financial consulting, and home life referrals.
- Employee resource groups (ERGs) are set up and run by team members, for team members. These networks not only celebrate our individualities, but also focus on professional development and understanding each other’s diverse experiences.
- Professional and personal development opportunities, including Bravely Coaching
Salary Range: $110,000.00 - $125,000.00
In compliance with the California Pay Transparency Act, compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Hollywood Park considers a candidate’s education, certification, prior experience, as well as internal and external data when determining the salary level for potential new employees. Only in exceptional circumstances, if an external candidate has the experience, credentials, or expertise far exceeding what is expected for the position, would Hollywood Park consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range.