About Hollywood Park
Hollywood Park, a near 300-acre sports and entertainment destination, is being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke with the 70,000-seat SoFi Stadium as its centerpiece. Hollywood Park is the largest urban mixed-use mega development under construction in the Western United States. When complete, Hollywood Park will have up to 2,500 residences, a hotel, a retail district reaching up to 890,000 square feet, up to 5 million square feet of office space, and more than 25-acres of public parks and open space.
Home to the Los Angeles Chargers and Super Bowl LVI Champion Los Angeles Rams, SoFi Stadium is the host of world-renowned sporting events, including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, College Football Playoff National Championship game 2023, WrestleMania 2023, World Cup 2026, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics in 2028. Adjacent to the stadium and under the same roof canopy is a 2.5-acre open-air plaza, American Airlines Plaza, and the 6,000-seat YouTube Theater. YouTube Theater is an intimate venue, making it the perfect place for concerts, comedy, awards shows, esports competitions, community gatherings, conferences and more.
Hollywood Park is being brought to life by a deeply experienced team of creative forward-thinkers. The project is a celebration of all that Los Angeles has to offer. We are inspired by our diverse Inglewood community as a place for the community to be, to see and to connect.
Hollywood Park is committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our team members, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
At the heart of Hollywood Park, lies our dedication to our purpose, promise, and commitments. Our PURPOSE is creating extraordinary experiences, one moment at a time. Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and vibrant community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made. Our COMMITMENTS are outlined by S.T.A.R.S.
Our S.T.A.R.S. commitments are enabled by five foundational principles:
- Start with Care – create a lasting impact through genuine care
- Thrive as a Team – create an environment of collaboration and encouragement
- Anticipate Unspoken Needs – be proactive in delivering extraordinary service and support others
- Resolve with Respect – treat others with empathy, patience, and kindness
- Safety Always – maintain a safe and secure environment
As the Dock Assistant, You Will..
SoFi Stadium Loading Dock Assistants are a vital part of our team. They are responsible for providing an Extraordinary experience for all guests at Hollywood Park, home of SoFi Stadium and YouTube Theater.
The Loading Dock Assistant position will provide support to the Operations department in regards to supervising and operating the SoFi Stadium loading dock. This position will be responsible for overseeing the loading dock at SoFi stadium including the coordination of all pickups and deliveries both to and from the stadium. The Loading Dock Assistant will be responsible for the proper tracking of received packages via 24/7 software and the distribution of those packages to the appropriate parties. Additionally, this position will be responsible for the overall cleanliness of the loading dock, truck and/or vehicle movement and parking within the Loading Dock and Broadcast Compound spaces, and will execute any event needs within the loading dock space including, but not limited to, space layout and event conversion.
More Specific Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To…
- Serves as Dock Master during scheduled shifts in conjunction with the SoFi Stadium Operations team
- Receives stadium deliveries and coordinates scheduled pickups with the appropriate vendor
- Ensures proper tracking of packages by logging all deliveries in the 24/7 software
- Delivers or coordinates the delivery of all packages received in a given day and communicates with the receiving party to inform them of their delivery’s status (i.e. “Received” and “Delivered”)
- Operates heavy equipment including but not limited to forklifts, pallet jacks (manual and motorized), boom lifts, scissor lifts, and reach forks
- Aids with SoFi Stadium propane refill procedures as well as Sparkletts water refills
- Ensures that the dock is kept clean and maintains a standard of excellence
- Facilitates proper space setups within the Loading Dock area based off of event needs on event days
- Provides end of day recaps to ensure proper communication amongst other Loading Dock Assistants and other interested parties within the Operations Team
- Maintain compliance with all Hollywood Park and applicable agency safety policies
- Ensure that Hollywood Park policies, procedures and all safety requirements are administered properly within personal scope of work. Ensure comprehension of training in areas of non-compliance with Hollywood Park standards/policies
- Provide excellent customer service to the Hollywood Park community across all venues and campus property
- Perform additional actions and activities as requested
We’d Love to Hear From People With….
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s license
- Strong project execution skills and attention to detail. Ability to work efficiently and safely under time constraints
- Able to work late nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to exert a well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously
- Must be experienced with computers and effective in email communication
- Ability to execute and meet deadlines as well as function in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis, sit, bend, stand, stoop, climb, grasp, stretch and walk for long periods of time
- Able to communicate with all crew members effectively
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Employees must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination, and stamina. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Essential Physical Requirements:
LIFTING ...........................................Lift up to 50 pounds
CLIMBING/BALANCE ...................Prolonged Steps or stair climbing, balancing
STOOPING/BENDING OVER.......Occasional is unavoidable
STANDING/SITTING.......................Prolonged standing/sitting throughout the day
REACHING ......................................Occasional overhead as well as horizontal
SPEAKING.......................................Proficiency in English
Essential Environmental Conditions:
INSIDE/OUTSIDE ...........................Generally, indoor conditions are air-conditioned, and outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat, humidity, rain, sleet, and wind.
COLD/HEAT ...................................General air-conditioned environment as well as outside and exposed to elements, including direct sunlight, rain, sleet, and wind
WET/DRY ........................................Not unusual moist/dry environment
NOISE/VIBRATIONS ....................High noise level and vibration high
FUMES/DUST/ODORS.................Normally controlled environment
HEIGHTS……………………………………Comfortable with working heights
Hours of Operations and Work Schedule:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park Management Company is an event-based business. This is a part-time, event-based position. You can expect to be scheduled for weekdays, nights, weekends, and holidays. Your department needs may vary, and you will be provided with a specific work schedule based on business and event needs.
Team Members submit their availability every Wednesday for a 3 week period. General availability is coordinated with the Operations Scheduling Specialist. Team members will provide a minimum of 4 days/month of availability for SoFi Stadium and YouTube Theater.
In order to maintain active part-time status, team members must submit their availability for a minimum of 70% of scheduled events. For example, SoFi Stadium and YouTube Theater have 10 (ten) events booked for the month. Team members need to be available for a minimum of 7 (seven) of those events. Submitting your availability does not guarantee that you will be scheduled for all events.
Salary Range: $18.00 per hour / $27.00 overtime rate
In compliance with the California Pay Transparency Act, compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only. Hollywood Park considers a candidate’s education, certification, prior experience, as well as internal and external data when determining the salary level for potential new employees. Only in exceptional circumstances, if an external candidate has the experience, credentials, or expertise far exceeding what is expected for the position, would Hollywood Park consider paying a salary or rate near the higher end of the range.