About SoFi Stadium Company
SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298-acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and spirited community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made.
Our COMMITMENTS are as follows:
SAFETY FIRST: we commit to safety as a top priority.
KEEP IT CLEAN: we commit to the highest standard of cleanliness.
ALL ARE WELCOME: we commit to valuing and celebrating the diversity of our community, our team, and all that we serve.
STRONGER TOGETHER: we commit to providing an environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and recognizes the positive achievements of all.
THINK BIG: we commit to innovation, inspiration, and imagination in the delivery of extraordinary experiences through every interaction.
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park is seeking an Accounts Payable Director, that is entrepreneurial and self-motivated, to work alongside our Controller to help us build and scale our operations. This role will have regular interaction with the VP of Finance and Accounting, as well as the executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will have outstanding financial acumen, a passion for sports, media entertainment, and experience with rapidly growing businesses.
The person should have a team player attitude and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines to help us scale, grow and build something great! SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience for all visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and implement multi-entity accounts payable processes for accurate, timely and complete processing of all transactions, including purchases orders, invoices, expense reporting, and petty cash
- Perform monthly close duties, including review/post journal entries and reconcile/review general ledger accounts
- Responsible for all accounts payable related reporting, including sales/use tax and 1099
- Build, manage, and develop accounts payable team
- Participate in a wide variety of projects and compile ad-hoc reports as needed
- Self-starter that identifies and executes improvements in our tools, reporting and processes
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interface with management; collaborative teamwork mentality
- Analytically strong, detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Strong work ethic, commitment to high standards
- Entrepreneurial mindset – creative, proactive, and innovative in driving improvement
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 5+ years accounts payable experience, including 3+ years manager level experience
- Excel proficiency is required
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains is preferred
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies
- Take ownership of issues and problems, find and enact resolutions and recommend process changes
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.