Hollywood Park is an unprecedented and unparalleled sports and entertainment destination built in Inglewood, CA. SoFi Stadium is the first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed, SoFi Stadium is the home of the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams. The state-of-the-art stadium re-imagines the fan experience and will host a variety of events year-round including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028. Located on the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack, the stadium is the centerpiece of a 298-acre mixed-use development featuring retail, commercial office space, a hotel, residential units, and outdoor park spaces.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and spirited community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made.
Our COMMITMENTS are as follows:
SAFETY FIRST: we commit to safety as a top priority.
KEEP IT CLEAN: we commit to the highest standard of cleanliness.
ALL ARE WELCOME: we commit to valuing and celebrating the diversity of our community, our team, and all that we serve.
STRONGER TOGETHER: we commit to providing an environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and recognizes the positive achievements of all.
THINK BIG: we commit to innovation, inspiration and imagination in the delivery of extraordinary experiences through every interaction.
The Director, Event Security ensures that the highest level of service is provided by overseeing security operations of SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park. This person will ensure an exceptional experience and safe environment for all SoFI Stadium and Hollywood Park visitors.
Reporting to the Vice President of Security, this position will be involved in developing security plans for numerous events, which range from NFL games, and concerts to the 2022 Super Bowl and the 2023 College Football Playoff Championship. This position will also be involved in the hiring of staff, establishing and refining of responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, develop and implement programs to ensure the security of all SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park guests, employees, performers, public officials, executive management and clients.
- Assist in the management for services and activities involved in event and building security, emergency preparedness, and risk management, using independent judgment and personal
- Oversee and manage event security team to create cohesion and develop proficient personnel
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal emergency services personnel such as Police, Fire, EMT’s, FBI, and Homeland Security, as it relates to standard practices and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Provide effective direction to staff in emergency response situations; update and manage facility Emergency Operating Plans with regular updates and
- Assess, develop and oversee the execution of security strategies and plans as required for the SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park to secure building perimeters, access points, staff work areas, Command Center, and Loading Dock areas.
- Assist in the management of the SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park security staffing operations during events and respond to incidents as required; coordinate the scheduling of external event staffing personnel including, but not limited to, off-duty law enforcement.
- Plan and schedule event day medical staffing and respond to medical incidents as required.
- Execute NFL Security Procedures & Guidelines
- Work closely with NFL League Security and visiting teams and show touring security personnel to ensure seamless security measures.
- Develop and deliver written documentation pertaining to safety & security plans for small, medium, and large events, as well as the normal day to day operations of the facility.
- Collaborate with peers and other departments to ensure safety and security, while maintaining the highest level of guest experience, while maximizing budget control.
- Manage and participate in the development and administration of the Security Department annual budget; forecast staffing, training, equipment, materials, and supply budget requirements; monitor expenditures; implement adjustments as
- Assist in the development of security operational training standards including the dissemination and implementation of the latest technology as well as employee training and development.
- Lead regular event security and venue safety briefings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct routine industry operational reviews; recommend modifications to the SoFi Stadium and, Hollywood Park campus security and safety programs, policies, and procedures as deemed
- Interpret and apply City, State and Federal policies, procedures, laws and
- On-call, 24/7, as needed and based on SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park events and other
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, staffing, and training of the event security team
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park, employees, and vendors.
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by senior leadership
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in the field of Security, preferably in a stadium, multi-purpose arena or similar environment.
- A minimum of five (5) years progressive supervisory management experience in Security with direct responsibility supervising and directing staffs across a wide-range of security operating functions in a changing environment.
- Must have direct and extensive experience of special event planning, threat assessment / risk analysis; operational characteristics, services and activities of live entertainment security and safety programs; crowd management and control techniques; principles of budget preparation and control; pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and regulations.
- Experience in crisis management, investigation skills, security technology, life safety, risk management, payroll, and scheduling are required.
- General understanding of other areas of live entertainment venue management, including retail operations, building operations, production, building engineering, guest services, parking and food & beverage operations is desired.
- Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks while under tight deadlines and financial constraint.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to interact effectively and in a professional, diplomatic and mature manner with internal and external clients and peers at all levels within an organization and throughout the community.
- Past professional work experience within a pertinent Federal, State, and local law enforcement capacity is preferred.
- Past experience with major international events, such as the Super Bowl, World Cup, Olympics is desired.
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment while meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Knowledge of and a passion for live entertainment, professional football, and large-scale events.
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead, give clear, concise direction and provide constructive feedback.
- Must be able to provide effective direction to staff in emergency response
- Good inter-personal and communication skills are required.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrate confidence and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to work nights, weekend and holidays.
- Must have the ability to work in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of building high performance
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SOFI STADIUM AND HOLLYWOOD PARK strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.