SoFi Stadium is an unprecedented and unparalleled sports and entertainment destination built in Inglewood, CA. The first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed, SoFi Stadium is the home of the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams. The state-of-the-art stadium re-imagines the fan experience and will host a variety of events year-round including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028. Located on the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack, the stadium is the centerpiece of a 298-acre mixed-use development featuring retail, commercial office space, a hotel, residential units, and outdoor park spaces.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and spirited community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made.
Our COMMITMENTS are as follows:
SAFETY FIRST: we commit to safety as a top priority.
KEEP IT CLEAN: we commit to the highest standard of cleanliness.
ALL ARE WELCOME: we commit to valuing and celebrating the diversity of our community, our team, and all that we serve.
STRONGER TOGETHER: we commit to providing an environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and recognizes the positive achievements of all.
THINK BIG: we commit to innovation, inspiration, and imagination in the delivery of extraordinary experiences through every interaction.
Hollywood Park is seeking an individual that is entrepreneurial and self-motivated, experienced financial controller to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. The Sr. DIrector / Controller role will help build the finance function alongside the SVP of Finance and have regular interaction with the executive leadership team. The ideal candidate will have outstanding financial acumen, a passion for sports, media entertainment, and leadership experience with rapidly growing businesses.
Other responsibilities will include financial risk management. The person should have a team player attitude and demonstrate a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines to help us scale, grow and build something great! Hollywood Park has a Fan First mentality, as such this person will ensure an exceptional experience for all Hollywood Park visitors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Assist with special projects/initiatives, as needed
Education and/or Experience
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller with 10 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders
- Superior organizational skills, must be detail oriented and have the ability to multitask
- Prior Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA required
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.