SoFi Stadium is located at Hollywood Park and will be a year-round sports and entertainment destination located just four miles from Los Angeles International Airport. The project covers 298 acres of office, retail, and residential space with the centerpiece of the district being a 70,000-seat stadium that will be the home of NFL games for both the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers. SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park will also play host to the 2022 Super Bowl, the 2023 College Football National Championship, and the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 2028 Olympics, as well as major concerts and other entertainment year-round.
The Counsel’s responsibilities will primarily relate to corporate and real estate commercial matters concerning the operation and development of Hollywood Park, which includes SoFi Stadium, YouTube Theater, the NFL Office Building, and the under-construction residential and retail developments. Partnering closely with an extensive group of internal and external stakeholders, the Counsel will handle a diverse range of contracts (including contracts for operations and technology), standard operating procedures, event license agreements, leases, sponsorship agreements, insurance- related activities, and employee matters for the ongoing operation and development of the 298-acre district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft, review, analyze, interpret, and negotiate a broad variety of agreements relating to the use and operation of the venues and the district
- Provide daily legal support and day-to-day advice to internal stakeholders on relevant corporate and legal matters on a wide range of subjects relating to the development and operation of the venues and the district
- Review, develop, and improve standard operating procedures and policies governing the operations of the venues and the district
- Manage multiple competing requests and projects simultaneously while responding in a timely and professional manner, and appropriately prioritize while managing expectations of stakeholders
- Tackle a high-volume workload in a dynamic environment
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, contracts, and policies.
- Work closely with an extensive group of internal and external stakeholders and outside counsel
- Performs other duties as directed by the General Counsel
Education and/or Experience
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school required
- Active license to practice law in the State of California required and in good standing with the State Bar of California
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (sports, live entertainment, sponsorships or real estate law experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with independently drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively in a variety of settings required
- Acute attention to detail, as well as organizational skills, and/or project management skills
- Solid business acumen and sound judgment with a high degree of integrity and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team with other attorneys and stakeholders in a fast-paced and evolving environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.