SoFi Stadium, the new home of the Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers, is located at Hollywood Park, a 298-acre sports and entertainment destination being developed by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke in Inglewood, California. The 3.1 million square-foot SoFi Stadium is the largest stadium in the NFL, as well as the ﬁrst indoor outdoor stadium. It seats approximately 70,000, expandable up to 100,000, with more than 260 luxury suites and more than 13,000 premium seats. SoFi Stadium has already secured Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football National Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028.
Hollywood Park & SoFi Stadium is seeking a Director of Global Partnership Development to support the Vice President, Global Partnerships while collaborating with all key stakeholders across the organization.
The Director will be primarily focused on executing significant new business partnerships on behalf of Hollywood Park, SoFi Stadium, YouTube Theater, Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl, & additional opportunities as assigned. They will connect directly with brand decision makers on a regular basis to increase sales activity and investment opportunities across Hollywood Park’s portfolio of properties. The Director is responsible for generating leads, driving revenue, leading contract negotiations, communicating with Los Angeles Rams & Los Angeles Chargers team leaders, and key internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate possesses a strong passion for partnership sales development, personal career growth, and has a positive team-first attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop innovative partnerships that pioneer new categories, inventory, campaigns/platforms, and/or partner integrations
- Ability to prospect by performing extensive company and executive research for strategic engagement efforts
- Construct a prospect pipeline and creative outreach plan (via targeting and qualifying leads through cold calls and referrals) for potential partnership opportunities with regional, national, and international companies
- Communicate with external executive staff and stakeholders to coordinate meetings and other touchpoints throughout the sales process
- Collaborate with internal and external staff to plan, ideate, and develop strategic marketing platforms to present to new prospects
- Coordinate with Hollywood Park teammates to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of sales process
- Serve as an expert for the group on industry best practices, emerging categories, industry trends, and integrate learnings into the sales process
- Participate in industry-related events or associations that will enhance Hollywood Park’s reputation and potential for success
- Attend major conferences and special events, building new relationships with agencies, brands, and sports and entertainment properties
- Other duties and projects as assigned
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty above at the highest levels. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience (MBA Preferred)
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in sports, event, and/or entertainment sponsorship sales
- Proven track record in pitching, negotiating, and closing long-term, seven figure integrated marketing partnerships
- Creativity to develop strategic marketing platforms
- Knowledge of the broader sports sponsorship and partnership programs in the industry
- Strong understanding of utilizing different databases to do business research and prospect effectively
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to develop strong working relationships with partners, teammates, and other stakeholders
- Capacity to meet challenging sales objectives in a high profile, competitive marketplace
- Ability to manage a high level of detail across multiple projects and to prioritize efficiently
- Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies, and negotiating creative solutions
- Experience in building out innovative presentation decks in Keynote or PowerPoint
- Familiarity with social media marketing and social media platforms
- Proficiency in Google Suite of Services with a focus on Sheets, Docs, Slides, & Drive
- Possess an optimistic team attitude and competitive desire to be the best
- Self-motivated with entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently
- Ability to work flexible hours as projects exist across multiple time zones
- Willingness to travel as needed for various projects
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Hollywood Park and SoFi Stadium strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.