About SoFi Stadium and Youtube Theater
SoFi Stadium is an unprecedented and unparalleled sports and entertainment destination being built in Inglewood, CA, by Los Angeles Rams Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke. The first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed, SoFi Stadium will be the home of the Los Angeles Chargers and Los Angeles Rams when it opens in summer 2020. The state-of-the-art stadium re-imagines the fan experience and will host a variety of events year-round including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028. Located on the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack, the stadium is the centerpiece of a 298-acre mixed-use development, featuring retail, commercial office space, a hotel residential units, and outdoor park spaces.
YouTube Theater is a 227,000 square foot, three-story indoor venue. Built to be a best-in-class event venue, the 6,100 square-feet stage is an expansive area to get creative, and every seat is close to the action on-stage, with the farthest seat in the house only 164 feet away from the stage. The venue itself is blended seamlessly in at the southernmost corner of the same roof canopy that stretches over SoFi Stadium and American Airlines Plaza. Complete with a two-story Kaynemaile chandelier, the theater will feature six luxury boxes, a 1,200 square-foot premium back-of-house hospitality space -- with adjacent dressing rooms -- and a 3,500 square-foot private club with 140 premium seats.
Candidates will be responsible for Overseeing Audio and Visual Set-up for Sofi Stadium and YouTube Theater. Technical implementation and maintenance for Audio and Video Equipment, routing audio and video signal, as well as assistance in overseeing and maintaining internal and 3rd party events and IPTV distribution. Must have a great attitude and be able to work with others. Be willing to work long hours and weekends at times.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Set up and maintain audio and video equipment for private events
- Understand basic audio and video signal flow for audio/video equipment
- Assist in preventative maintenance and/or troubleshooting on all broadcast devices
- Understands how to operate a small mixing console
- Ensure that audio and video needs are executed with the utmost professional attitude
- Will have to interact with very important clients and production crews to ensure successful events
- Will be asked to do tasks that require heavy lifting and a lot of walking at times.
- Work closely with the Manager of Broadcast and the Video Engineer in different aspects of the broadcast department for set-up for events
- Know how to work independently, understand how to take the initiative of completing a task without being asked to.
- Will work with our IPTV team assisting with audio/video routing systems such as Crestron and Q-Sys
- Maybe asked to assist our audio team for certain events
- Be able to assist on calls in a timely manner
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor degree or equal Technical Degree in audio and video
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the sports/broadcast entertainment field
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work well with others within a team environment
- Self-starter, able to work efficiently without direct supervision
- Ability to work effectively with other departments receiving and communicating instructions via written communication, telephone, or in person
- Ability to learn new technical systems
- Ability to read and understand technical materials
- Ability to set priorities under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time
- Must be flexible to accommodate shift changes including extended hours, weekends, and evenings
- Ability to adjust responsibilities as we develop new opportunities
- Must be able to lift heavy equipment, climb stairs, walk long distances when required
Knowledge of the following equipment (Bonus)
- Audio Mixing Consoles
- Riedel Intercoms
- Clear Comm
- Q-SYS (audio and video routing system)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.