SoFi Stadium is an unprecedented and unparalleled sports and entertainment destination built in Inglewood, CA. The first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed, SoFi Stadium is the home of the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams. The state-of-the-art stadium re-imagines the fan experience and will host a variety of events year-round including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028. Located on the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack, the stadium is the centerpiece of a 298-acre mixed-use development featuring retail, commercial office space, a hotel, residential units, and outdoor park spaces.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
Our PROMISE is to be an iconic destination that celebrates our diverse and spirited community. We promise to exceed expectations while cultivating a fun and safe experience where lasting memories are made.
Our COMMITMENTS are as follows:
SAFETY FIRST: we commit to safety as a top priority.
KEEP IT CLEAN: we commit to the highest standard of cleanliness.
ALL ARE WELCOME: we commit to valuing and celebrating the diversity of our community, our team, and all that we serve.
STRONGER TOGETHER: we commit to providing an environment that promotes teamwork, mutual respect and recognizes the positive achievements of all.
THINK BIG: we commit to innovation, inspiration and imagination in the delivery of extraordinary experiences through every interaction.
Hollywood Park is seeking a Communications Specialist to be a key part of its Corporate Communications team. The Corporate Communications department has responsibilities across sports, music, real estate, entertainment, executive communications, brand partnerships and collaborates with other departments across social media, marketing, events, community relations, and more. The Specialist must be an ambitious, self-motivated, detail-oriented and hardworking team player who is confident working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Work with the Corporate Communications team to develop, coordinate, and facilitate strategic communications across internal communications, sports, music, real estate, entertainment, executive communications, brand partnerships and more.
- Provide creative, out-of-the-box thinking to contribute to a steady cadence of media coverage.
- Pitch story ideas and identify media opportunities.
- Create and manage lists for campaigns as well as master lists.
- Liaise with senior Communications staff to ensure messaging is consistent across materials and projects.
- Create and track calendars for awards, speaking opportunities, and more.
- Coordinate/execute photo, print and broadcast media shoots and facilitate venue partner requests.
- Coordinate and work with other departments on press events.
- Draft press releases, PR plans, talking points, fact sheets, awards submissions, speaker submissions, bios, and internal and external documents.
- Contribute to Hollywood Park’s overall communications plans and activities.
- Manage/coordinate press at events.
- Work with Partnership Marketing on partner campaigns and communications/PR assets.
- Maintain, contribute to, and create press kits and public-facing assets.
- Work with team members to develop coverage reports, monthly PR/analytics reports. Track PR metrics via Cision.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant sports, venue, and/or entertainment experience within corporate communications and/or public/media relations. A plus if you have both in-house and agency experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
- Excellent oral, written, and visual communications skills, including superior editing and proofreading abilities in AP Style.
- Relationships with journalists across sports and entertainment, both in the LA market and nationally.
- Proven track record of securing media coverage and significantly contributing to PR campaigns.
- Ability to handle high volume of daily correspondence/requests with various departments.
- Ability to prioritize and plan across simultaneous projects.
- Positive, “make it happen” attitude, motivated by results, and ready to jump in from day 1.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Bonus points if you are fluent in Spanish.
- Cision experience highly preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Sofi Stadium and Hollywood Park strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.