HolidayCheck is the leading hotel evaluation and travel portal in the German-speaking region. With nearly 8 million reviews, a few million user photos and videos of more than 691,000 hotels, we offer holidaymakers extensive travel know-how.
We are a subsidiary of Holidaycheck Group AG. Together we have a vision to become the most user-friendly company for holidaymakers. At the heart of our corporate culture are our values, which we live by every day and which create an environment that allows for continuous development.
The Product Manager is a member of a cross-functional development team. The Product Manager is responsible for the development of the product vision and its implementation, and as such serves as the connection point between stakeholders, software/technology, and the Urlauber. Product Managers know and effectively convey the reasons for choices in the Product, as well as the related strategies and implications of these choices. Thus, Product Managers play a key role in delivering the overall vision of HolidayCheck.
Product Managers have a vision of themselves as the ultimate point of contact with the Urlauber. They do not accept gaps in quality, performance, or excellence that an Urlauber would not understand. To ensure this, there is no part of envisioning, building, shipping, or maintaining a product that they won’t do or drive for the Urlauber.
Do you also support our values? Are you ready for the journey with HolidayCheck? Then join us at one of our locations!
- Product Managers own the success of the product and the achievement of the goals set with the organization for that product. In partnership with business leaders and key stakeholders, they define the right KPIs to measure and evaluate the Urlauber’s experience.
- Urlauber expert. Product Managers are keenly aware of the quality standards expected by the Urlauber, necessary to achieve the product vision and strategic goals. As such, they are well informed about what works in other products and similar or relevant experiences, as well as understanding what works well at HolidayCheck. They carry this information into their development team to create clear, measurable objectives for product innovations, as well as helping to set the non-technical part of the “Definition of Done.“
- Product Managers are visible, clear, informed, and competent when speaking about their product across a broad range of possible audiences (e.g. with executives and developers alike). They have a clear product vision formulated as well as a strategy to implement that vision. They continuously manage their stakeholders by keeping them in the loop, gathering their views and requirements.
- Do the right thing. Product Managers show determination and backbone. They speak out in a constructive manner when they think something is not right and they relentlessly push the organization to do the right thing for Urlaubers.
- Run their team efficiently. Product Managers ensure that the software development team work most effectively. They reduce priorities to clear, actionable stories. These stories are maintained in relevant groupings (i.e. releases, epochs, etc.) and are estimated and prioritized. As such, the Product Manager can speak to the timeline of development and release of new functionality and the software development team is highly efficient and makes continuous progress.
- Tech savvy. Product Managers play a strong role in deciding on major technology investments, speaking on behalf of the Urlauber when the team wants to commit to a new technology or invest in making a change away from existing technology (e.g. moving to a new search platform, refactoring the existing code base to improve development cycle time). While not making the technology choice themselves, Product Managers understand and can explain the reasons for the choice and measure the change against the expected results.
- Have completed at least a 4-year college degree or equivalent at a professional college or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated work in Product Development, including full lifecycle from first idea to shipped products, used by 10,000+ customers, OR 5-7 years of work in related areas, such as Customer Service, Operations, Quality, etc..
- A demonstrated ability to motivate and direct a team of individuals from across diverse backgrounds. The successful candidate will have shown a strong track record of motivating and aligning software development, IT Operations, UX, Design, Marketing, and Executive stakeholders in creating a common vision.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills in both German and English, critical to educate and persuade internal stakeholders and to elicit meaningful results from interactions with Urlaubers and User Research.
- Possess excellent organizational and prioritization abilities, including maintaining incoming product requests and feedback, as well as converting ideas, requirements, etc. to actionable stories and epochs that their team can use.
- Demonstrate a strong facility with numbers and analysis. Product Managers often set their own KPIs or work in conjunction with Senior Management and Finance to build a case for new work or to place their own roadmap in the context of the budget and operational business management.