Hofy is seeking a commercially-minded lawyer to assist the Head of Legal with a wide variety of legal work. Your focus will be on commercial contracts, but you will have the opportunity to support the business across all functions.
- UK Remote
- Broad role remit and reporting directly to Hofy’s Head of Legal
- Experience in commercial contracts required, with general corporate, technology, and IP background preferred
- EU or US exposure and experience an advantage
About the role
This is a broad role. You will be expected to show a great deal of flexibility in the work you are asked to perform, which may include:
- Amending and draft Commercial SAAS contracts, partnership and referral/reseller agreements
- Working with internal and external teams to finalise Customer contracts
- General Corporate, Transactions and Board work
- General advisory work and policy work
- Assisting with the implementation and maintenance of the Company’s Data Protection framework
- Assisting with the management of Global IP portfolio
- Assisting with the management of the Company’s Risk Register
- Assisting with Insurance work
- Promoting Compliance
- Other areas required may include: insurance, employment, data protection, intellectual property, general sale of goods/lease terms and financing, but this can be tailored to your individual interests and skill set to some extent.
You will be a qualified solicitor or barrister with strong commercial acumen who is great at:
- Drafting and amending contracts, using clear language.
- Working quickly to turn contracts.
- Collaborating with internal stakeholders.
- Proactively identifying issues ahead of time.
As a guide, we expect this role would suit a lawyer who has trained at a top 50 City law firm and who has 2-6 PQE. We will, however, consider applications from other candidates. Candidates who can demonstrate strong experience of commercial contracts (especially SAAS contracts), corporate law, technology and/or intellectual property will be preferred. Experience of working in another EU or US jurisdiction would be an advantage.
You must be a lawyer who is qualified in a UK, EU or US jurisdiction, and you must have the right to work in the UK.
Although this role is remote, we do expect you to travel regularly to London and other locations to attend meetings.
We are on a mission to create a world where there are no geographical boundaries to brilliant work - and we believe brilliant work starts with having a safe and productive working environment. That is why we built Hofy - to turn the hours that companies spend delivering and managing equipment to remote workers across the globe, into just a few clicks via a simple SaaS platform.
Hofy provides the infrastructure and tools that every company needs (including an equipment webstore, asset tracking software, and digital workstation assessments) to set their new hires up for productive work at home, address any equipment issues fast, and streamline their global provisioning process.
We achieve all of this by living our values:
- The customer comes first
- Do as promised
- Build things right
Join our journey to change the working world!
What about the perks?
- 🏢Full home office set up from Hofy
- 💻Choice of tech
- 🌴35 days annual leave (inclusive of local public holidays)
- 🧑🎓£1000 of annual growth fund for everyone to develop
- 🪄Regular team and company socials
- 🐲Annual company retreat
A chance for everyone
At Hofy, we practice what we preach. We believe that creating a truly global employee experience for our clients starts with us. We need as many perspectives as possible, and we see our individual differences and diverse backgrounds as our superpowers.
We want you to bring your best self to work and to feel like you truly belong. We never discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability (visible on non-visible).