At Hiya we are on a mission to modernize voice with trust, identity, and intelligence. We're protecting everyday people from spam and fraud calls, connecting businesses with their customers, and helping carriers secure their networks for all. In 2015, Hiya founder Alex Algard saw the increasing need for innovation in the voice channel and began building the first caller ID and spam blocking apps for mobile while at Whitepages. In early 2016, Hiya spun out of Whitepages and brought its technology to market through Samsung Smart Call, the first-ever network-based spam solution with AT&T, and the Hiya consumer app. Three years later in 2019, we brought Hiya connect to market, a B2B branded call service that enables enterprise companies to connect to the consumers they are trying to reach. The combination of Protect, Connect, and the Hiya app has resulted in the world's largest Voice Performance Platform with over 200M monthly active users.
We are headquartered in Seattle and have offices in London and Budapest. We believe in giving our employees the flexibility they need to thrive. As a result, we have adopted a flexible work model. We do not require our team to be onsite (unless otherwise discussed) however if individuals would like to be 100% onsite or work a hybrid model we have Covid-19 protocols in place to keep our team safe, we provide catered lunches 2x per week and parking reimbursement up to 3x per week.
About the Position
This position is focused on the western U.S. market. Hiya is looking for a Strategic Account Executive in Carrier Sales. You will be responsible for enabling the distribution of Hiya products and services through the carrier partnerships in the region, in this case predominantly in the western U.S., and additionally, to cultivate and grow ecosystem partnerships with peer companies that can accelerate this growth.
As the Strategic Account Executive, you will need to be a self-starter and will be responsible for defining key account strategies by leveraging your experience in selling to Carriers. You will work closely with the entire Hiya organization, including the Engineering, Data, Product Management, Marketing, and executive management teams.
This role is critical to the success of Hiya; you will report to the VP of Business Development, North America. You will be a key player in the global team that interacts with the largest brand name Mobile Network Operators and Mobile Application Developers in the world.
Previous experience working with, and selling to T-Mobile is a definite asset.
In this role, you will need to be:
- Strategic Thinker: Always developing short and long term strategies and goals. Experienced entering and developing relationships in large, siloed, customer orgs. Experienced leading/managing a complex account strategy involving multiple internal stakeholders.
- Focused: Knows exactly where they are allocating their time and why, Prioritized on what matters most.
- Accountable: Delivers a high-integrity & quality experience consistently to internal and external audiences.
- Curious: Master of the art of discovery. Understands how to gather intelligence across org and use others internally to help with that effort. Can make quick accurate judgements about steps & contacts in the selling process.
- Resilient: Expects constant obstacles and takes them in stride, gets stronger and smarter from every mistake, always questions how a challenge could have been avoided if they had done something better/differently.
- Self Aware: Authentic, professional, exudes, actively works to understand and improve how they are perceived by others.
- Persuasive: Has credibility from real experience, understands both the business and personal win for external and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborative: proactively engages the right internal support team in a strategic & meaningful manner.
- Leader: naturally brings and leads a programmatic approach to opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Build an account and territory plan based on your assigned area of focus. Consider how you can develop quicker wins and play the long game with the most complex accounts that will take significant time investment.
- Develop and maintain account plans for your key accounts that include information that can be easily accessed and leveraged by other functional stakeholders involved in your strategy
- Create new pipeline activity in the region which leverages the existing Hiya footprint of distribution via our global Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Mobile Network Operator (MNO) relationships. Maintain a clear and accurate view to account opportunities and related activity at every stage in the sales process.
- Understand and clearly articulate to customers the value proposition of the Hiya solutions; including end-user benefits, Mobile Network Operator monetization opportunities, competitive advantages, etc.
- Understand customers' business challenges & requirements, and how the Hiya solution meet those requirements
- Keep the executive team and cross-functional supporting functions informed on your opportunities.
- Show a willingness to teach and educate your peers to help them develop.
We are building a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. We evaluate great candidates through a business lens and we strongly believe that diversity and unique perspectives make our company stronger, more dynamic, and a great place to build a career.
We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.
This position is based in the U.S., and preference will be given to those based in the Seattle area. If remote, you must be willing and able to travel to the Hiya head office based in Seattle as and when required.