This position is for the Spanish market. Hiya is looking for a Regional Director of Business Development with a strong background in selling to Fortune 100 companies. You will be responsible for enabling the distribution of Hiya products and services through the carrier partnerships in the region, in this case predominantly in Spain, and additionally, to cultivate and grow ecosystem partnerships with peer companies that can accelerate this growth.
As the Regional Director of Business Development in Spain, you will need to be a self-starter and will be responsible for defining key account strategies by leveraging your experience in selling to Carriers. You will work closely with the entire Hiya organisation, including the Engineering, Data, Product Management, Marketing, and executive management teams.
This role is critical to the success of Hiya; you will report to the Director of Business Development, EMEA. You will be a key player in this small but global team that interacts with the largest brand name Mobile Network Operators in the world.
In this role, you will need to be:
- Strategic Thinker: Won’t put themselves in a situation where they have to act or respond without a strategy. Always thinking about short and long term goals. Experience penetrating large, confusing, siloed, orgs. Experienced leading/managing a complex account strategy involving multiple internal stakeholders aligned with external org.
- Focused: Knows exactly where they are allocating their time and why, constantly re-prioritising, ruthless about what they are dropping or passing off.
- Accountable: Delivers a high quality experience consistently to internal and external audiences due to rigour in preparation, experienced judgment, focus, thoughtfulness and desire to be the best at their craft.
- Curious: Master of the art of discovery. Understands how to gather intelligence across org and use others internally to help with that effort. Can make quick accurate judgements about how to treat/categorise people in the selling process.
- Resilient: Expects constant obstacles and takes them in stride, gets stronger and smarter from every mistake, always questions how a challenge could have been avoided if they had done something better/differently.
- Self Aware: Authentic, polished, exudes confidence without arrogance, actively works to understand and improve how they are perceived by others.
- Persuasive: Comes to the table with credibility from real experience, genuinely curious, rigour in preparation allows influence of external and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborative: proactively include the right internal team in a strategy and bring meaningful market feedback to cross functional stakeholders to improve GTM strategy.
- Leader: naturally leads a selling team on opportunities, gives everyone a voice and opinion that matters and ownership of their role in the deal, holds that group accountable.
- Fluent in Spanish and have good knowledge of the Iberian market.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build a territory plan based on the strategic accounts assigned to you to achieve or surpass your annual quota. Consider how you can develop quicker wins and play the long game with the most complex accounts that will take significant time investment.
- Write and maintain account plans for your key accounts that include information that can be easily accessed and leveraged by marketing for ABM, and other functional stakeholders involved in your strategy
- Create new pipeline activity in the region which leverages the existing Hiya footprint of distribution via our global Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and Mobile Network Operator (MNO) relationships. Maintain a very clear and accurate picture of what you're in the home stretch on, what you are cultivating for the next quarter, what’s at risk, what’s starting to bubble up very early and what you should be actively dropping regularly.
- Understand and clearly articulate in presentations to customers the value proposition of the Hiya solutions from a 360-degree view; including end-user benefits, Mobile Network Operator monetisation opportunities, competitive advantages, etc. in order to help Mobile Network Operator’s develop an investment thesis in Hiya services
- Understand customers’ business requirements and how the Hiya solution meet those requirements
- Keep the executive team and cross functional supporting functions in the know on your opportunities. When you learn interesting information out in the market, bring that back to the right audiences to improve our GTM motion.
- Be a rock solid example for colleagues with less tenure. Show a willingness to teach and educate your peers to help them develop as stronger sales people.
We are building a team with a variety of perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. We evaluate great candidates through a business lens and we strongly believe that diversity and unique perspectives make our company stronger, more dynamic, and a great place to build a career.
We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.
This position can be based out of London or remotely from Spain