We believe that mobile voice calls should be secure, engaging, and protected from fraud and robocalls. We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, and that the mobile network - as the largest communications network of any kind - urgently needs a trust and identity layer. You should know who's calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren't. Hiya is building the modern layer for the voice experience. We already serve over 140M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with smartphone makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to work with our engineering team on the road to help us serve 1B users?
The Partner Solutions team at Hiya plays a critical role in the distribution of Hiya software from an OEM integration for native dialer apps to SDKs that power carrier integrations. The team is responsible for surfacing our sophisticated ML-informed services, how we protect and identify callers in real time. This role ensures that Hiya's core technology is made available to our ever growing user base quickly and effectively to build and deliver trust in phone calls. Join the team and work alongside experienced mobile developers as we continue to build and ship software at a scale made possible by our partners.
As a Android Software Engineer for the Partner Solutions team, you'll:
- Design, architect, and build software (APKs, AARs) for Android in Kotlin and Java.
- Utilize modern mobile development paradigms to create software for consumption by end-users and other developers.
- Collaborate with different teams such as product management, UI/UX, and backend engineering teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Contribute across a variety of mobile projects via code-reviews, architecture discussions, and cross-team collaboration.
- Ensure the software we ship is implemented with performance, quality, and responsiveness in mind.
- Work with OEM partners (smartphone manufacturers) to integrate our software at the OS level.
- Provide behind-the-scenes solutions (software, documentation, guides) for external software engineers.
- Add to our roadmap by participating in product ideation, planning, and experimentation.
You may have a faster start if you see some of the bullets below on your resume:
- You have experience in Kotlin, RxJava, Retrofit and other modern Android development frameworks (such as LiveData, Room, etc)
- You have utilized both Unit and Instrumentation tests as a part of your software engineering practice
- You have experience in working in/with the telecommunication industry.
- You have experience with or want to learn about working with AOSP (Android Open Source Project).
- You have experience in building or using an Android SDK.
Hiya is a fast-growing startup that offers a team of dynamic and experienced executives at the helm, and a hardworking team of international colleagues at your side. We value getting things done for our customers and consistently improving ourselves and products along the way.
Hiya is committed to diversity and inclusion. We desire to build a team with diverse perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. It’s our intention to evaluate each candidate exclusively on the merits of their skills, competencies, and contribution to the organization.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.
This role is based in Seattle.