We believe that mobile voice calls should be secure, engaging, and protected from fraud and robocalls. We believe the phone app is the most outdated app on your smartphone, and that the mobile network - as the largest communications network of any kind - urgently needs a trust and identity layer. You should know who’s calling you and why! You should get the calls that are relevant to you (at that time) and none of the ones that aren’t. Hiya is building the modern layer for the voice experience. We already serve over 150M users worldwide directly through our apps and in partnership with smartphone makers like Samsung and mobile carriers like AT&T. Are you ready to join our engineering team on the road to help us serve 1B users?
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us architect, implement, and maintain significant backend systems that serve hundreds of millions of requests per month. This role is with the team that provides high-availability, latency-sensitive capabilities to telecoms, mobile apps, and other partners. In addition, you'll work with engineering teams across Hiya, some in Seattle and some in Europe, to define and deliver shared components and services.
What we expect from you:
- 3+ years of experience designing and building RESTful APIs
- 3+ years of experience designing and building event-driven services
- 3+ years of experience designing and building services that meet strict operational SLAs
- A preference for velocity over perfection
- A commitment to respectful and impactful collaboration
Awesome if you have:
- Experience building and maintaining HTTP APIs that support 10s of thousands of requests per second, especially using the JVM
- Deep experience with networking, queues, stream processing, and caching
- Experience working with telecommunications protocols like SIP
What you should expect from us:
- Work at an encouraging and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team
- Make an impact on the lives of 100M+ global customers
- Many (post-pandemic) office perks and great company benefits
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
Hiya is a fast-growing startup that offers a team of dynamic and experienced executives at the helm, and a hardworking team of international colleagues at your side. We value getting things done for our customers and consistently improving ourselves and products along the way.
Hiya is committed to diversity and inclusion. We desire to build a team with diverse perspectives, identities, and professional experiences. It’s our intention to evaluate each candidate exclusively on the merits of their skills, competencies, and contribution to the organization.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status.
This position is based in Seattle. However, for the foreseeable future we are ok with remote work (US Pacific time zone). We'll support you during these difficult times, and we'll be flexible about relocation.