HiveWatch is a tech-forward, inclusive organization fostering the evolution of the physical security industry. We are a diverse team of forward thinkers who empower each other to find creative and collaborative solutions in an industry ripe for modernization. We are passionate about the problems we’re solving for our customers and equally passionate about the company we’re building.
HiveWatch is here to help security teams pivot from chasing threats to preventing them. We protect organizations, people, and property through the intelligent orchestration of physical security programs. With better communication, more insights, and less “noise”, we are modernizing what it means for businesses and their employees to truly feel safe.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
HiveWatch is in search of a Senior Software Engineer, Back-End. As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for scoping out and executing Product and Engineering projects, while building out software maturity in a growing software engineering team. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering, working closely with product and engineering leadership to develop the software we build to revolutionize how companies keep their people safe. You will also:
- Design, scope, and deliver Kotlin / Rust back end services including AWS infrastructure and managed services
- Boost software quality by implementing automated testing approaches in CICD pipelines
- Participate in the end-to-end lifecycle of software delivery through planning, development, deployment, testing, maintenance & monitoring
- Languages: Kotlin/Java (Spring Boot, Hibernate), Rust, and TypeScript
- Deployments: Kubernetes (AWS EKS), Terraform, and Helm
- Infrastructure: GitHub Actions CI/CD, Postgres, S3, AWS Kinesis
- Communication: GraphQL & REST API, Wireguard, MQTT
- Experience building applications in Java/Kotlin, containerization, Microservices
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience in data modeling and schema designs in relational databases
- Experience in multiple parts of the back-end stack, from databases to networking
- Proficient in one object oriented programming language
- Experience working in a professional development workflow to include source code management, issue tracking, and collaboration tools
- Comfortable working on a BSD/Linux platform such as MacOS or Ubuntu
- Knowledge and experience of Relational Databases, SQL, and data modeling
- Salary range for this position: $150,000 to $165,000 per year
- Eligible to participate in HiveWatch Equity Incentive Plan
*Final offer will be at the company's sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of relevant experience and expertise, location, and other business considerations.
BENEFITS & CULTURE:
In an effort to provide for our employees, HiveWatch offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance
- Cutting edge solutions in an emerging field with lots of growth potential
- Generous compensation packages
- Hybrid work environment
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Family friendly & compassionate work culture
- Work with good people who CARE about making the world a better place
What is CARE? HiveWatch enables its employees to CARE for themselves, and each other through unique programs crafted by HiveWatch employees themselves. To deliver on our mission, we empower our employees to consider the meaning of job security on a holistic level. At HiveWatch, you are encouraged to challenge the status quo, provide your unique point of view, and leave fear at the (access controlled) door. In practicing CARE, we:
- Celebrate our diverse workforce and all communities within HiveWatch.
- Assist the varying needs of our employees, from maintaining a work life balance to encouraging personal aspirations.
- Respect one another through our interactions and set personal boundaries.
- Embrace equity through our policies and practices of hiring, promoting, and offering benefits that take care of the whole person, not just the worker.
OUR EEO STATEMENT:
At HiveWatch, you are encouraged to challenge the status quo, provide your unique point of view, and leave fear at the (access controlled) door. HiveWatch enables its employees to CARE for themselves and each other through unique programs crafted by HiveWatch employees.
HiveWatch is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to cultivating a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. We execute our hiring practices so that they are merit-based and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristic.