Title: Product Research & Innovation Insights, Senior Manager
Location: Palo Alto, Oakland
Reporting to: Director, Customer Insights & Marketing Strategy
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
We are looking for a Product Research & Innovation insights leader who is passionate about building exceptional experiences throughout the customer journey. This high-impact role will be responsible for helping the team to develop and improve the Hippo user experience and ensure the messaging of our product marketing efforts are rooted in customer needs. You will be an indispensable partner to stakeholders by providing a strong, objective perspective on the voice of the consumer, leveraging research to influence roadmaps across Hippo’s portfolio of current and new product innovation.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute research roadmaps to support cross-functional partners and accelerate impact across Product, Growth and Product Marketing teams
- Lead insights across the customer journey, focused on research to inform marketing and product strategies for both current and new innovation
- Track performance and identify ongoing improvements for the current user experience and product offerings such as Smart Home and Hippo Home Care
- Uncover and optimize consumer moments of truth to assert Hippo’s relevance and engage consumers across various contexts to drive customer delight
- Prioritize the most impactful user needs and how to bring them to life in market that will drive adoption and loyalty
- Drive and optimize NPS tools to establish a comprehensive understanding of themes at key moments of through in the customer journey, ensuring the company keeps a pulse on customer pain points and needs
- Partner with Product Marketing to inform both positioning and messaging used to shape product and external partnerships
- Generate ongoing quantitative, qualitative and competitive insights, in partnership with Analytics and Product Marketing that translates into actionable business plans
- Lead the design and management of research conducted both internally and externally in partnership with external suppliers, managing vendor relationships, scope, budget and deliverables
- 8+ years of relevant research management experience on the client-side
- Hands-on approach to solving problems and accomplishing projects in short turnarounds as needed; you are a seasoned and strategic multitasker
- Flexibility in responding to changing needs and priorities
- Strong presentation-building, storytelling and data visualization skills
- Ability to surface, flag and problem-solve potential issues before they arise
- An eye to detail without sacrificing a board strategic perspective
- Ability to make thoughtful decisions in real time to provide support and solve problems as they arise
- Ability to plan, manage and facilitate research designed to tackle a range of objectives and methods including qualitative and quantitative
- Knowledge about the latest developments in research methodology and approaches
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Uncapped PTO policy
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks parental leave for all new parents
- Hippo Habitat - Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits and parking passes. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.