Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Palo Alto
Reporting to: VP of Finance
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo is looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to oversee all procurement operations, working with internal stakeholders and external vendors. The successful candidate is an experienced negotiator and a savvy tech partner. This position requires extensive and effective collaboration with business partners and excellent communication skills. This is a newly created role and will report to the VP of Finance.
As the Procurement Manager, you will work closely with accounting, finance, legal and tech. You should have great communication skills, both written and oral, and must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail and great project management skills are a must. Additionally, you should have demonstrated experience improving processes and procedures to ensure procurement runs smoothly and efficiently.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the Procurement Business Partner with various internal stakeholders to procure needed software and services
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors, ensuring compliance with Hippo guidelines
- Take a leadership role, automating and streamlining controls and reporting, and identify improvements to the procurement process
- Project-manage multiple workstreams with stakeholders in the US and Israel, while meeting deadlines
- Evaluate various vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure price/service efficiency
- Educate new stakeholders on the various financial processes (requisition, PO, billing)
- Exercise good judgment and methods to obtain appropriate solutions for stakeholders
- Work both independently and within a team environment
- Monitor orders for compliance to negotiated agreements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Experience working at a tech company negotiating multi-year, complex contracts
- 7+ years of procurement operations experience
- Excellent negotiating skills
Nice to Haves:
- Financial systems: NetSuite & Bill.com experience
- Procurement systems: Coupa, SAP, tradeshift, ivalua, Oracle experience
- Analytics experience, reporting, ROI analysis
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Uncapped PTO policy
- Little Hippos Program - We offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat - Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits and parking passes. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.